Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valvoline full synthetic in 10w/30 & 5w/20.

The first case of 6 is .99 cents per quart after mail in rebate. But you can buy as many as you want for $3.49 a quart. Regular price is: $5.99 ea.

Went to 3 different stores to get enough for 3 oil changes in the tundra and the 4-runner. And enough for 3 changes in my brother's tundra and sequoia.

Spent about $300 bucks, but hey, won't need to buy oil for a while.

This is good at: Checker, Schuck's auto supply, Kragen, or Murrays discount store's ( I think ).Valid March 26th thru April 29th.

Think i can safely go 6000 miles between changes?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody interested?

I thought it was a pretty good deal anyway.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Awesome deal.....tough to beat thats for sure. I don't think those stores exist in my neck of the woods. :mad:

I have some Royal Purple 5w-20 flowing through mine

·
Registered
548 Posts
advanced auto has a buy one, get one free for penzoil platinum. 5.88 each, 2.94 per.
cheaper, and i like it better than valvoline................
either one is a good deal, nice post

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
advanced auto has a buy one, get one free for penzoil platinum. 5.88 each, 2.94 per.
cheaper, and i like it better than valvoline................
either one is a good deal, nice post
I've always used valvoline, so not a bad deal i guess.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have only ever used Castrol (conventional), Castrol Syntec, Mobil 1 Full Synthetic, and now Royal Purple.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have only ever used Castrol (conventional), Castrol Syntec, Mobil 1 Full Synthetic, and now Royal Purple.
Do you think there's a whole lot of difference in brands?

Think i'd be able to go 6k miles between changes?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Do you think there's a whole lot of difference in brands?

Think i'd be able to go 6k miles between changes?
The Royal Purple has me believeing in the stuff. Its a premium synthetic if there is a such thing and the claims of getting extra horsepower out of it are backed up by various dyno results and on several television programs. This is my first time using it and so far so good.

BMW recommends that my MINI go 1 year or 10k miles inbetween oil changes and the recommended oil is Castrol Syntec (stamped on the air deflector for the intercooler). So is it possible to go more than 6k miles between changes....sure it is with todays synthetics. I do quite a bit of SCCA events with my MINI so the oil gets changed a little more often but racing and daily driving are too different things.

I have always been old school about oil changes (3 months or 3k miles) so its hard to break out of the habit. I'll let the oil go 5k in the Tundra but I will keep replacing it with Royal Purple or Castrol Syntec. Every 6k miles or so I will also dump some BG 44k into the tank and let that clean things out. I refer to BG 44k as liquid gold because it does an excellent job of removing contaminates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts