Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey every one looking to get a new exhuast mainly the cherry bomb extreme, and im wondering if i will loose power taking of the resignator box and stock muffler. dose any one have any thoughts?:confused:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
the resonator is for sound muffling only i do beleive. hopefully someone who know exactly will chime in, but i do not think it will make a difference taking off the resonator. some people leave on the resonator depending on the muffler they get. EX. if its going to be a loud muffler, they leave it on and it makes it sound better and not as lound so it wont pop

·
Registered
141 Posts
I agree, leave the resonator on at first, and if you use stock piping there should not be any significant loss in power.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If your butt dyno can detect the few HP you might lose or gain then you are talented. There seem to be a lot of "talented" folks here..........

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
If your butt dyno can detect the few HP you might lose or gain then you are talented. There seem to be a lot of "talented" folks here..........
:amen: brother. Seems like the butt dyno feels improvement of 1 HP too from CAI :D

P.S. My butt dyno is super sensitive - when i changed exhaust on my Yamaha my butt dyno registered 5HP increase right away.

·
Registered
831 Posts
My butt dyno recorded a 5hp increase just from putting on TRD stickers. :p

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts