Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got tired of the quiet stock sound of my truck and I had a 2 1/4 x 23" cherrybomb glasspack muffler sittin in the bottom of my tool box. I just cut the stock muffler out and clamped this in there for now. I'd have to say its not the ideal sound I'd like but it is better than nothing for now. Since the wife and I are looking for a house I'm not allowed to be spending money on the truck so this was a cheap temporary job until i can buy the magnaflow. Anyway its not bad and I'll try to get a video of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
i bought my cherry bomb for 20 bucks of lessthan100bucks.com and i like the way it sounds. lol its good for now but when my lift goes in the glasspack goes too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i did the same thing to mine when i got it. then the resonator blew apart, so i bought a flowmaster. I was happy with the cherry bomb for $30, but I like the flowmaster much better. I only paid about $130 for the muffler and misc parts to install.

·
Registered
366 Posts
run straights hell of a lot cheaper and amazing sound really deep makes the 4.7 sound powerful

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im actually not minding the sound. It isn't very loud actually. I tried doing a sound clip but in the video you heard more engine noise. Anyway It has a nice low tone up until about 2100 rpms then dont even really notice it at all. Where are the louder points on the flowmaster and magnaflow?

[email protected]: are you straight piped from the resonator back?

·
Registered
366 Posts
i was running the Cherry Bomb Elite Muffler i cut the resonator out about a month after putting it on sounded a million times better. kinda got sick of the sound so got jba headers (mainly for power). helped the sound a lot as well. then i just cut off the muffler completely and welded in a y pipe. the sound is awesome. next month gunna redo it all and run true duals from the cats back with an x or a H pipe.
my buddys tundra runnin same thing i am:
Login | Facebook

·
Registered
366 Posts
sry i thought ud be able to see the vid... if u got a facebook u can idk how else to save it so anyone can computers arnt my thing

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wish I had known I just tossed a barely used magnaflow muffler in the trash although it was a single in dual out.

I was going to put it on here along with the 12", 3" slash cut tips I salvaged from cutting my duals off for free plus shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts