Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got all this literature about toyota installing anchors in the front seat because they're required to--- guy at the dealership told me he thought it was just putting the sticker in the glove box. The way I read it, and sent the paperwork back for, was an appointment to have them do the work. I believe it was 03 thru 05 ACs.

Am I the only one who got this? No, I don't believe that. ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes, I also received a letter regarding this recall for my '03 AC. According to the enclosed letter, it did involve simply placing a sticker on the back face of the glove compartment. My kids are long gone and we've closed up shop on that part of our lives, so this recall doesn't affect anybody so long as I own the truck. I just put the sticker in the glove compartment with the leftover Wendy's napkins, ice scraper and the owner's manual.

·
Registered
83 Posts
No, it is not just puting the sticker in the glove box. That's IF you chose NOT to have the Anchors installed as a reminder to you/next owner. There is a form that you complete w/ your vin and info/dealer, send it to Toyota, they order the parts and call you back to install the anchors IF you want to. It is just a way for Toyota so save $$ since not every Tundra owner has kids/cares about front seat anchors.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was told about this recall in January by a Toyota rep when I called them about the ball joint recall and the rep told me to have the dealer perform the service. The two dealerships I deal with didn't know anything about this but could find it in the system. They said wait until the letter came out. I just received the letter yesterday. I have a three year old son, but I think I'll pass on installing the front anchors because he will NOT be riding up there in a car seat anyway. I'll just install the sticker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am thinking of having the dealer install the anchors for the passenger seat and was wondering if anyone has had this done? If so, how did it go... was it worth it? It sounds like the seat will get new upholstery and some added hardware. It's not a must have for us but our family is growing and it might be nice to have the option to use the front seat for one of the kids.

Thanks.

·
Registered
901 Posts
The sticker states that there are 2 existing child restraint anchorage systems in the rear seats and recommends that you place your "child restraint system" there. If you wish to use a "child restraint system" in the front, Toyota will install it free of charge if you so request. It says to fill out the request form inserted in your owners manual. If the form is not available, contact Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-888-270-9371 or 1-800-331-4331.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info kanaduh. I have already contacted the dealer regarding the recall and now just need to make an appointment to have the work done. I'm just not sure if I want to go thru the hassle or have the truck tore apart for something we may never use. That's why I would like to hear from someone who has had this work preformed.
:ts:

·
Forum Admin
8,242 Posts
I was going to get mine done 2 months ago, but my dealer service writer had never heard of the recall before. Funny eh? Anywho, I got my "Follow-up Letter" in the mail today from Toyota, ironic you posted about it today also.

I'm going to get this done, but not in the next 4 weeks. Going to out of town 3/1-15. I'll get back to you after it's all said and done if you are still anxious about it after 4 weeks. I wouldn't mind hearing from someone who had it done already though. :tu:

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
I was going to get mine done 2 months ago, but my dealer service writer had never heard of the recall before. Funny eh? Anywho, I got my "Follow-up Letter" in the mail today from Toyota, ironic you posted about it today also.

I'm going to get this done, but not in the next 4 weeks. Going to out of town 3/1-15. I'll get back to you after it's all said and done if you are still anxious about it after 4 weeks. I wouldn't mind hearing from someone who had it done already though. :tu:

Not a big deal in my opinion just a sticker you add and if you use a seat up there free hardware to install from the dealership ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally had the anchors installed on my 03 AC. The dealer had the truck for half a day and everything seems fine. The passenger seat got all new upholstery and a new center arm rest. The truck even has that new car smell now. FWIW I would get it done again. :tu:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts