Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I need to decide on monday what tundra crewmax to buy they are all in different states so I would fly out friday to pick it up. Now here is the dilemma what is more important the miles on a car or the color of ones preference?

blue-32k miles
red-13k miles
silver-34k miles
white-21k miles

now they are all pretty close in range in price about 26.5k to 27k I plan. Now like I said would you guys buy the one with the lowest miles or pick one that you like based on color? My ultimate would be black, but since I been at this for 8 months now and my original dealer is not responding to me anymore I quit going for the black one. :mad:

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Isn't it up to you to decide what you want? For the most part, the miles are very similar. Would you really buy a color you may or may not like based on our opinions? Congrats on the truck and another new thread!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Just a thought... unless you're paying cash, you can probably find a new one for only a few thousand more, but with a lower interest rate. As far as the colors (if you're taking a vote) my ranking would be 1) Silver 2) White 3) Red 4) Blue

Good luck!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isn't it up to you to decide what you want? For the most part, the miles are very similar. Would you really buy a color you may or may not like based on our opinions? Congrats on the truck and another new thread!
I just need to figure out I been racking my brain the last 8 months over this and playing the monthly rebate game long enough just tired of this crap. I decided to go a little cheaper than get a brand new since I plan to upgrade it with lifts, supercharger, etc..what I can get finacnially with a cheaper one I off set with a brand new one and NO WAITING either.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a thought... unless you're paying cash, you can probably find a new one for only a few thousand more, but with a lower interest rate. As far as the colors (if you're taking a vote) my ranking would be 1) Silver 2) White 3) Red 4) Blue

Good luck!
popo my thinking was that if I get a lower mileage vehicle I will have more fun with the truck before the AIP goes out was my thinking. Im scared for that to happen to me since I might not have the funds in the future for it, but plan to do a craigslist search for folks who are scraping their tundras I seen a few of them 07 and above they say come take the part off the car for a price. I found out its nautical blue, thinking that natuical blue does look pretty cool I did a search and found some fellow members with it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
well the paint scratches really easily, so it would be less noticeable on a lighter color...

also, if you decide to mod it... black on silver doesn't look as good as chrome on silver... whereas either black or chrome would look equally good on a white truck.... check cardomain and you'll see some good looking white trucks

if the blue is the nautical color (not the nasty trd one) then get that because it looks pimp

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the paint scratches really easily, so it would be less noticeable on a lighter color...

also, if you decide to mod it... black on silver doesn't look as good as chrome on silver... whereas either black or chrome would look equally good on a white truck.... check cardomain and you'll see some good looking white trucks

if the blue is the nautical color (not the nasty trd one) then get that because it looks pimp
yeah the one with 32k miles is the nautical blue one its the darker blue not the blue streak or lighter blue they have...

Year
Options
Owner history
Mileage
Color
Price of plane ticket

Buying sight unseen , good luck.
very logical...I like that. :tu:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
You know you can get the extended warrenty with the red or white depending on the sold date. That would limit your expense of things like AIP.

I'd go with whatever truck was optioned the best you like. Color of interior too.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Honestly, I personally would go for the base model, new, with the options I cannt put onto it myself, I.E. engine and 4x4, then add on everything else I wanted myself. If there is only a
2k diffrence between new and used, then get a new one. If you are saveing 3K or more than get the one that suites your tastes best.

When I sold cars, years ago, I was taught women buy autos' based on color choice, men buy based on options.

You wont go wrong with any you pick. Just get the cheapest one you can get.

good luck

chucky

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
Any Links to the trucks?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You wont go wrong with any you pick. Just get the cheapest one you can get.

good luck

chucky
when I woke up this morning thats what i was thinking I have X amount of dollars as long as the vehicles are under 36k and I can buy the platinum I think i will be fine, im thinking. thanks.

Any Links to the trucks?

here are the ones im looking at and come monday whoever emails me with the cheapest price im going with it and then im gonna do a search for someone to buy a platinum warranty from.
Cars for Sale: 2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max SR5 in Colorado Springs, CO 80907: Truck Details - 275967970 - AutoTrader.com

Used 2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7L V8 For Sale | Fairfax VA

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4 SR5

Cars for Sale: 2008 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max in Fort Collins, CO 80525: Truck Details - 271193768 - AutoTrader.com

Used Car Inventory - Hyundai Sonata, Santa Fe, Toyota Tacoma, Corolla, and Prius - Foss Motors - Proudly serving Casper and The Greater Casper Area

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well, here's my 2-cents. I would look at options and vehicle condition first, regardless of mileage. As for color, any of the colors except white. I hate white trucks. Also don't care for the tan or brown tundra interiors. It just doesnt match the black and silver dash.

·
Registered
221 Posts
FYI..This Monday, I am trading in my 08 SR5, EXT. Cab. Black with 9,000 miles. This Tundra is as close to new, you will find. Send me a message if you are interested. My deal is already done. So it makes do difference to me. Only responding because you wanted black.

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
Are you aiming for bench seats up front? Looks like you are and I can understand your difficulty finding what you want on the lots.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah I need the bench seats up front and crewmax for the room and yeah its hard to find.....most are buckets.
Are you aiming for bench seats up front? Looks like you are and I can understand your difficulty finding what you want on the lots.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts