Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an inexpensive chrome or stainless bug shield for a 2007 DC. Anybody come across a great place for Toyota accessories?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My neighbor has one installed, chrome plated plastic, matches the grill nicely. I'll ask him where and who the next time I'm in town.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

This is one of the rare areas where Toyota did not do well on the first engineering try .. "factory bug shield".

When I first saw them and how the grill had to be spaced for the bug shield to fit .. I thought .. "WHAT" aka "WTF" . .. :eek: .. :confused: .. :eek:

I like a bug shield that does NOT leave a big space like that or mount on the painted edge on the hood. .. :)

The bug shield on my Titan mounts on the painted surface of the edge of the hood and I don't like it either. .. :eek:

Toyota can redegign a new one .. but it will have to be super strong and perhaps "bridge" the complete grill area. .. :confused:

It will be difficult to design one .. to be inexpensive like the present one.

I would love to see a big heavy duty S/S or aluminum bug shield that came in brushed finishes or colors.

SOS

·
Registered
54 Posts
They are apparently under going a redesign as we spear. I was supposed to have one put on but parts guy at the dealer said they had all been recalled. Supposed to come out with the latest design in sept............:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts