Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Tundra's, picked up an 04 Dbl Cab Ltd. Viewing some of the trucks on this forum, especially the '06's, and they have chrome pieces on the front grill and bumper. Appears to be a Toyota accessory, can someone confirm? If so, what's it worth? Just install with 3M tape?

Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not sure about the chrome moldings on the grille, but the one on the front bumper cover is held on by 3m type tape but is also secured by clips that go into holes in the bumper cover. You have to access the clips from the inside of the bumper to remove and install. Their easy to get to though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have an 06 Limited Dbl Cab with painted grill. I also had an 04 SR5 Dbl Cab with the chrome grille. I liked the chrome grille but not the chrome strip on the bumper on the 04. I bought an "Imposter" grille insert kit from CarParts.com and now have what I think is the best combination. I think the combination of the two chrome strips without the bumper strip makes the truck look wider and more aggressive.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I actually don't like my chrome strips on the grille or bumper. I wish I could remove them, but I don't want to deal with the holes behind them.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
^^^Ditto on the bumper strip. I installed a billet insert in my grill. It's polished and IMO makes the bumper strip less noticeable. To the OP, I've seen aftermarket chrome pieces for the grill on ebay that stick on with 3M tape.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Since I bought my truck I never really like the chrome strips on the grille or bumper, I ended up purchasing a new grille w/o the chrome strips and had the strip on the bumper removed, filled and painted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts