Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
im looking to get side steps for my 2010 tundra which ones are better?
I put a pair of the Toyota brushed stainless steel bars on mine. I like how they fit and the black step pads and ends. Go to sparks or search online, I paid $345 for mine; a regular cab, and they are super easy to install!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought the stainless from Toyota when I bought my truck and guess what, they are rusting. They originally said just clean them, but I am now getting new ones. First Toyota and I am loosing the faith.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I really like the raptor ones. I'm leaning towards those. I prefer the oval ride along side type of mounting vs the older looking nerf bar tube style. I used to like the traditional black end caps, etc but noticed the raptors are doing away with this and using a polished endcap. Pretty cool.

Found them on ebay if anyone is interested for $345 shipped.

Just search on ebay for this: 0804-0068

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great timing on the post,
My dealership is offering me 20% off of a set of tubes because I am a new buyer. I am leaning towards the brushed stainless because I like the large size. With the discount it is around $480. plus tax
The down side of the larger ones,,, I don't want to feel like an old man and his "running boards".
I just don't think the round tube type, that are mounted close to the body would do good in the winter or rain.
SScott

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put Tech Tubes on my truck. Brackets fit like a glove and took about 15min to install. I live in canada and paid $299.00 for them. Have had them on for a year now with out any problems. Easy to keep clean as well.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I really like the raptor ones. I'm leaning towards those. I prefer the oval ride along side type of mounting vs the older looking nerf bar tube style. I used to like the traditional black end caps, etc but noticed the raptors are doing away with this and using a polished endcap. Pretty cool.

You'll be happy, I got the 3" cheapo stainless see them in my profile picture, for 199$'s shipped. No problems so far no rust no problems.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I highly recommend Westin Platinum Ovals. IMO, round tubes look a bit small on our trucks and the oval tube actually sticks out enough to protect your door from being dinged. The finish and quality are quite good and being stainless steel they should last awhile.

-Wes

·
Registered
195 Posts

Give Josh at SVCustoms a shot. He did me right with my purchase.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I bought the stainless from Toyota when I bought my truck and guess what, they are rusting. They originally said just clean them, but I am now getting new ones. First Toyota and I am loosing the faith.

If you purchased the truck new and the step bars were genuine Toyota parts, they should be covered on the 3/36,000 mile warranty. If purchased over the counter I think the warranty is 12 months or 12,000 miles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Folks - for my new 2010/DC - Pyrite Mica (see pic) w/ standard tires.....what's the preferred side steps for this style?

If anyone has them on a Pyrite Mica or standard tires - like to see a pic (please).

I bought the standard Tundra steps - but they don't look right to me. There's to much black plastic and I didn't like the brushed stainless steel.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Westin platinum ovals here too. Great steps. More than 2 years on them and they look like I just bought them. And they've only been washed maybe 4 times in 2 years. Very easy to install and cost me like $325ish.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have the Toyota OEM tubes and the step pads are splitting. No replacements available, and Toyota will not do anything other than "get a new set".....Go with the wider version or aftermarket.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have ICI's on my 2010 DC,4" Bar,Polished Stainless,powder-coated brackets. I needed the Wheel To Wheel style and there aren't many available.Josh carries 'em too! Got a couple pictures in my profile.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I have Toyota's brushed metal side step. I like it along with TRD (off-road) wheels. I think they go together. I have seen the same step on black tundra and I thought the plastic color on the step was not black enough to match the truck color (which is a very dark black). I thought this took away from the overall appearance of the truck. I think your truck color (and wheel style) has a lot to do with what steps will look best.

What color is your truck?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts