Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a replacement skid plate for my '04 Tundra. I would like one with a chrome finish. I don't want one with a bull bar, just the skid plate. Any suggestions?

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like that a lot. Tucked underneath so it doesn't stand out too much, but is still noticeable because of the brushed finish. Defiant is the manufacturer?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yes that is a Downey skidplate, sold it though and now waiting for my new Defiant one. I will post up pics as soon as they are available.

Would'nt recomend having a chrome skidplate, it would get chipped very eaisly.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
I am looking for a replacement skid plate for my '04 Tundra. I would like one with a chrome finish. I don't want one with a bull bar, just the skid plate. Any suggestions?
you gonna use it or are you making a show truck? check ebay for the factory TRD "underbite" skid, or see if someone is selling one in the classifieds.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't want a chrome skid plate because yes, it will chip. I would like a brushed aluminum one though, which is what that Downey skid plate looks like.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't see any skid plates for the Tundra on the Defiant website. Why did you sell your Downey skid plate? Was your Downey skid plate silver or black?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone have this skid plate on their Tundra? Toyota Skid Plate - Brandsport.com. If so, how does it look? It says it is brushed aluminum, not chrome, which is what I want.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I don't see any skid plates for the Tundra on the Defiant website. Why did you sell your Downey skid plate? Was your Downey skid plate silver or black?
The plate is still to new and in proto stage. Thats why it is not on the website. The one that is on my truck is the prototype and there were a few adjustments that needed to be done. The new ones will be here in about 2-3 weeks.

Sold the Downey because I new I was getting another one. The Downey plate was steel, the Defiant is aluminum.

Check my pics in the photo section.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm also considering a skid plate for my Tundra--does anyone have any pics of theirs with the Toyota plate installed? Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts