Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to show off my couple hours of labor. I washed the truck then went over it with a clay bar. It was my first time using one and it is amazing how much more smooth the finish of the Tacoma is now. Then I used Duragloss 101. Hard to tell from the photos but the shine is amazing!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
So did my writeup come of much good? How to you like the #101? I was told it was more of a AIO type product.

Looks great!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been using claybar for a couple of years now, it's an amazing product, does such a good job of removing the "grime" that builds up on your car...a must do before waxing. Also does a good job of taking out small blemishes. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So did my writeup come of much good? How to you like the #101? I was told it was more of a AIO type product.

Looks great!
Your write up was very helpful! Thank you for posting it. I would have had no idea where to begin without it. I actually originally found it when I was looking for reviews on waxes. The Duragloss is the shiznit! They didn't have the 105 at any of the local autoparts stores so I went with the 101. I was very happy with the results. When it is gone I will order the 105, I was just impatient and didn't want to wait. I also used the 901 wash, I think it does a better job than the Gold Class I have been using(other than the kids cough syrup smell it has...bad memories!).

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Yeah, 901 is the best wash out, period.

Glad to help, if you want to order online duragloss, shipping is only $5.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
You can get that deep shine by putting turtle wax over a properly polished surface.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
That looks very good, but do you think the shine is as good as this one?

Holy smokes, what did that car do to deserve that??? Seriously, what did you use to aquire that unbelievable shine??

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Car-Quest auto parts caries the Duragloss line up, they never have the #105 but they get it next day from the warehouse same price as Duragloss.com with no shipping required.
Ive been using Clay Magic pep-boys has it $10.95 and it lasts, wont smear like mothers when wet, Thanks Brandon1, for spreading the knowledge.

123gone thats amazing when detailers take pictures like that :tu:

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
even your doggie is adminring the glosssy refection. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
123Gone : That shine is amazing....I would be afraid of causing accidents because of people admiring themselves as they drove by.:)

42GAMI: Actually it was funny, not much gets her to stand still, but she did find her reflection and was facinated with it for a moment.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Holy smokes, what did that car do to deserve that??? Seriously, what did you use to aquire that unbelievable shine??

Well first off the car is obviously wet-sanded noted by the lack of orange peel. Proper polishing is what creates that look, Zaino or others seal in that look. What makes a great wax/sealant is the ability to seal in the polished surface with no ill affects on the shine.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
That shine is a Zaino shine and the car belongs to a member of corvetteforum.com

This little fella likes Zaino also!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Zaino is a great product and I used it for years but it's really hard to beat Duragloss 105 for the price. It leaves a deep wet look shine that really last and if you use the Duragloss AW spray after you wash your car or truck the shine is unreal, Just spray on and wipe off and it takes very little. Over the years I have tried many waxes and polish and I just can't find anything better than Duragloss. Mike

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I've never tried Duragloss.

Zaino has a couple of new products. Z-AIO ("all-in-one"-$26.95) and Z-CS ("clear seal"-$29.95). Z-AIO is a one-step product which can be sealed with Z-CS.

Here's a black 2003 Z06 with AIO and CS, not my car though.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Yeah, see "New Zaino" thread in the detailing forum for Z-AIO and CS. Optimum has their new Opti-Seal that is supposedly better than CS, although I havent tried either of them.

Mods, can we get this moved to the detailing forum?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts