Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my Clazzio's came in about a month ago, and had plenty of time to air-out while I was waiting for the seat-heaters I ordered off ebay to get in. Those came in last week, but unfortunately the switches that were supposed to fit in the blank-switch spots on the dash were too big (as you can see by the pics). But, the guy is sending new switches that again are "supposed" to fit, so we'll see..... unfortunately, they're coming from China, so I won't know for another 3-4 weeks.

Anyhow, I ran the wiring and finished up the seats. I highly recommend these Clazzios and if anyone's on the fence for ordering these, don't hesitate! I got the all-vinyl instead of the leather inserts.... paid only $250 at the time for the whole set and they're fantastic. The only complaint is that with the bench seats, the piece that fit over the top-portion of the center console doesn't fit well, and looks pretty terrible installed, so I left it off and only used the bottom-portion cover.

I took the seats out to install these (very easy, 4-bolts hold the seats in -14mm socket does the trick- and they're light enough to carry out). I recommend removing the seats and doing this inside.

The seat-heaters have adhesive backing and stick right to the existing fabric, and is "safe" to have over fabric, and under the Clazzios. I ran the wiring under the carpet, and into the wiring-channel near the footwells.

____
So, now I'm just waiting for the switches so I can pop-out the blanks again and plug them into the harnesses which are wired right behind the blanks. I'll update this when they get in.

Now for the pics: Oh yeah, I special ordered these in the following color: Gray-outer; Light Gray-inner; Light-gray Stitching.

Out of the box - let them air out for at least a week...they stink!

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Looks great. How long did the whole install take?

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^
Removing the seats & bringing them inside: About 10-15 mins;
Installing seat-heater panels on the 2 front seats: About 5 mins;
Installing the covers: About 15 mins per seat, give or take. (you'll get more efficient with each seat);
Bringing them back outside & re-installing: About 5 mins each... so, 20 mins total;

So, just to install the seat-covers, I'd say it's about a 2-3 hour process tops, including the center fold-down seat, which I left in the truck & installed there.

I spent another 2-3 hrs running the wiring for the seat-heaters... mostly because of trying to find a constant 12v power source for the heaters.... they draw 40 amps, so after I couldn't find one in the truck, I just ran a new wire through the main-line rubber grommet, and ran it into the fuse-box. There are plenty of spaces left to do that.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Look great, why so cheap and how long did it take to get them once you ordered?

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mac... Sparks was having a sale back in Dec/Jan. You could get the all-vinyl for around $250 shipped, and the same with the leather-inserts for $450 shipped. Since ONLY the center perforated area would be leather, I didn't feel it was worth the extra $200... and now that I have them & can feel them, I still agree with that. The vinyl is very soft, and everyone's that seen them thinks they are leather.

Because it was a special-order color-combination, they took longer to get in, since they came from Japan. I think it took about 3 months to get them in... but if they have your color in stock, they'll probably get to you within a week or 2.

·
Registered
819 Posts
PoPo,

Man those look awesome!. Can you send the the info you used to order yours? I really like your selection there.

Do these fit over the stock seat covers?

Thanks!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dysan... You can either go to Sparks' website (TRDsparks.com) or send them a PM through here. They'll give you a quote & a shipping estimate for time, depending on whether they're in stock, or need to be made-to-order.

The colors I picked were: OUTER= Gray; INNER/INSERT= Light-Gray; STITCHING: Light-Gray.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Excellent job! Points sent for a job WELL-DONE!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Popo, they look great! You mentioned that they smelled and to air them out. does that fade pretty quickly or should it be more than a week? Where did you get the aftermarket heaters and what did they cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Hey Popo, they look great! You mentioned that they smelled and to air them out. does that fade pretty quickly or should it be more than a week? Where did you get the aftermarket heaters and what did they cost? Thanks.
wow. read his post. he got the heaters on ebay. look on ebay and find the prices.

anyway, popo, excellent job. the cloth seats are hideous in these trucks...excellent alternative to leather, for the money its certainly worth it. awesome job. now for the switches, hope they get u the right size ones....have you thought about other places to try to put the huge ones though? they look really sharp...if u just had a place to put them.....

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's the Ebay Link for the seat-heaters I bought... 2 Universal Car Seat Heaters Carbon Fiber : eBay Motors (item 170453784401 end time Apr-01-10 17:02:56 PDT)

There's a bunch of different sellers & products for aftermarket seat-heaters on ebay. The only reason I went with these is because of the switches. Otherwise, most everyone has these switches: 2 Universal Car Seat Heaters Carbon Fiber (LED Switch) : eBay Motors (item 170465005884 end time Apr-25-10 19:09:33 PDT)... which are fine-and-dandy...

BUT - A) I want it to look as stock as possible
B) The switches I bought are back-lit with the rest of the interior lights...the round ones only light up when activated.

So, if the next ones he sends me don't work, I'm gonna buy some Toyota OEM switches (which sucks, cause they're about $45/each) and try to wire them to the kit.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Really nice write up. I too may go with vinyl if Sparks repeat that sale. hint hint. Those switches are big but look nice. what about mounting them under the dash cupholders?
Not factory location but having the option of fine tuning the heat may be worth it instead of the 2 position switches that you normally get like I did with my Rostra ( who makes our backup cameras) kit

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just ordered a set of Clazzio black leather seat covers for my 2007 DC I will post pic as soon as I install them
Also is that your black Lab in the picture? We have a 5 year old black lab we call him Rocky he’s my 3 rd Labrador retriever we also have a 13 year old Yellow lab female we call her Mindie.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
This is very similar to what I want to do with mine. I also want to add the heaters to the rear seats for the kids. The seat covers do match up very well. I wonder if the dark grey or the black would look better with my setup...........

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SE2000 --- Those switches are just too friggin big to add anywhere other than those blanks where the OEM one would go... I think if I did find a place for them, the odd location would take away the stock look. So.... again, if the new switches he sends won't work, I'm gonna buy some OEM seat heater switches: Part #14 in this diagram:

Link: Conicelli Parts Center

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is very similar to what I want to do with mine. I also want to add the heaters to the rear seats for the kids. The seat covers do match up very well. I wonder if the dark grey or the black would look better with my setup...........
Thanks TK. With the rear seat-heaters, you'd be fine to go with that round switch, cause you could mount them right into the back of the center-console.

I've seen some members' pics of the darker Clazzios, and personally I'm NOT a fan of a dark/light contrast that's too drastic. That's why I went with the two gray shades, instead of gray & black... Plus, if you look at the factory fabric, they also have a gray Outer with a light-gray Inner, and I think staying with the lighter colors looks better.

However, if you have a black interior, you have the option to go dark and it'll probably blend in better. But, I'd still stay away from a light/dark contrast like Black/Lt-Gray. Maybe Black & Dark Gray, or maybe just all black with gray stitching... I don't know, I guess it's all opinion! :blah:

·
Registered
889 Posts
popo - looking good.

I ordered the Clazzio covers for my 2010 Highlander at the end of March....supposedly I have to wait til the end of April... which is fine with me. But Sparks gave me the tracking number today... and UPS will be delivered it today... yahoo!

I guess I have to air them for few days before installing them... Thanks for the tips!

I'll be busy with it this weekend. I ordered the leather inserts and all gray. Hope it match my Highlander.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Thanks TK. With the rear seat-heaters, you'd be fine to go with that round switch, cause you could mount them right into the back of the center-console.

I've seen some members' pics of the darker Clazzios, and personally I'm NOT a fan of a dark/light contrast that's too drastic. That's why I went with the two gray shades, instead of gray & black... Plus, if you look at the factory fabric, they also have a gray Outer with a light-gray Inner, and I think staying with the lighter colors looks better.

However, if you have a black interior, you have the option to go dark and it'll probably blend in better. But, I'd still stay away from a light/dark contrast like Black/Lt-Gray. Maybe Black & Dark Gray, or maybe just all black with gray stitching... I don't know, I guess it's all opinion! :blah:
Thanks to you for your advice and pics! Again, it looks GREAT!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts