Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, my first post here although I have read quite a bit the past week or so.

I just bought an 07 Tundra DC. The previous owner must have spilled a liquid and it somehow got behind the display on the stereo. Does anyone know how to either remove the clear cover on the front of the stereo display or something that I could use to get behind there to clean it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as the interior is immaculate other than this small but rather annoying issue.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought an 08 with the same issue...It looks like someone spilled something or some armour all dripped into the crack in front of the lcd cover. Detail guys use compressed air to clean the interior...I bet thats how it happened in my case. The dealer says they are going to try and clean it out, but I am not optimistic. I cant immagine that little panel is made to be removed. They said a new factory radio is like $700...maybe I can upgrade to extra,extra large buttons on the new one:)...

·
Registered
4 Posts
dnice75

Did your dealer have any luck with cleaning the back of the LCD display? Unfortunately, I bought a used vehicle that it does look like they used some cleaner on the head unit and some of it leaked behind the LCD cover.

Paul Edgar

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
You can't get back there. I was looking to replace the leds behind the radio and I found that the lcd screen is soldered directly to the circuit board. Here are some pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes Replacing parts on a facotry stereo will be expensive. In my case some bozo who cleaned the vehicle before I bought it used got some "armor all" type of cleaner behind the clear piece that covers the LCD on the face plate.

It was fairly easy to remove everything from the dash, starting at the bottom of the radio stack and working the way up.

With a T-10 star bit you can remove the faceplate and eventually disassemble far enough to get to where you can clean the inside of the faceplate, to remove any cleaner.

I did discover that my old head unit from my last truck does plug n play in this new one, so have ordered a new faceplate to put head unti in with.

That should take all of an hour (max) next weekend, then decide if subwoofer is to be put in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.