Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember mention of a product somewhere that people used to re-create the fiber of the headliner, then touch up with a bit of paint to repair cigarette burns.

Anyone every hear of this trick and can enlighten me further. My recently aquired Sequioa was smoked in a lot and is part of why it was cheap to purchase. I think I can get rid of the smell (lots of work but I've been successful before) but need advice on repairing and cleaning the headliner.

What is best product and method for detailing headliner without damaging it? I've only had to work with light soiling on headliners before or a couple of problem spots, not intense clean of the whole thing.

Ideas suggestions, thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Smoke is tough, burns are impossible without replacing the whole headliner. I would look into the replacment. Use a upholstery/carpet shampooer/extractor maybe?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it has been done. I've seen it, but can't remember what product the guy used to do it. It was done on a Grand Prix and it was some sort of product that re-created the fibre texture of the headliner. Then the detailer simply used a touch up paint to match the color and you would never know there was anything there.

Just wondering if anyone can suggest what the initial product might have been.....

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Maybe this?
Call some local upholstery shops, they'll know for sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that looks about right, thanks!

I was doing a lot more searching since my post and discovered there are quite a few different similar repair kits out there, but this one looks pretty good for a headliner, or velour seats.

Will post up some pictures when I get around to doing the restoration work. It may take me a while to get to it due to my work schedule, but I'll eventually get around to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts