Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you guys/gals use to clean your trucks. I have few different products (spray on/wipe off "detailer wax" but they just don't seem to get my new Tundra super bright as i want it. Especially the chrome bumpers! I tried the detailer and even windex on those.. any Opinions out there on some good products? :) Thanks!

·
Registered
528 Posts
The last wax/polish I used on the truck was ICE by TurtleWax. Goes on easy, no white residue to worry about, and it offers long lasting protection. Before the season is over I am sure I will use the wax from Black Magic which was number one rated by CR.

As far as the plastics, rubbers, and vinyls go....I use 303 and products from Extreme Car Detailing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Corvette owners swear by Zaino. I'm fussy about my cars and Zaino is the only polish I'll use. You can't buy it in stores. You have to buy it on line at www.zainobros.com

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was wondering what you guys/gals use to clean your trucks. I have few different products (spray on/wipe off "detailer wax" but they just don't seem to get my new Tundra super bright as i want it. Especially the chrome bumpers! I tried the detailer and even windex on those.. any Opinions out there on some good products? :) Thanks!
This stuff works good on any type of metal Master Formula -- Home Metal Gloss & Sealer Gloss. My Harley has lots of chrome so i use this stuff all the time.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I vote for zano also, but if you really want to see what all there is to choose from, visit autopia.org or detailersclub.com.:)

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
If you read my detail writeup at the top of the "detailing" forum page, you will find some great info on what chemicals I use in my detailing buisness as well as on my own truck. I personally prefer Duragloss products, they can be found at carqest and napas. Also, check my product list for a list of great products and where to buy them from.

As far as what I would recomend, to start off, buy some quality mitts/microfibers to prevent swirls. Then you will need a clay/polish/wax. Claying and polishing is what makes the paint look "wet" or " pop". I recomend clay magic clay/Mothers Power Polish/Duragloss #105 TPP wax. A spray wax that is really good is Duragloss Aquawax, use it on anything. For chrome, I just recomend polishing and waxing it just like your paint, use the PP and #105 and chrome will come out perfect.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you read my detail writeup at the top of the "detailing" forum page, you will find some great info on what chemicals I use in my detailing buisness as well as on my own truck. I personally prefer Duragloss products, they can be found at carqest and napas. Also, check my product list for a list of great products and where to buy them from.

As far as what I would recomend, to start off, buy some quality mitts/microfibers to prevent swirls. Then you will need a clay/polish/wax. Claying and polishing is what makes the paint look "wet" or " pop". I recomend clay magic clay/Mothers Power Polish/Duragloss #105 TPP wax. A spray wax that is really good is Duragloss Aquawax, use it on anything. For chrome, I just recomend polishing and waxing it just like your paint, use the PP and #105 and chrome will come out perfect.

Hey guys....I took the list Brandon1 is referring to and went shopping, of course I had to order some of the items (autogeek.net). I used the simple green on the tires and wheel wells and was very impressed. I clayed with the clay magic/polished and waxed the hood of my white tundra with the Klasse Twins. As I've learned White is a forgiving yet difficult color to make "pop", but I have to say it looks incredible. BTW....Definitely go with the micro-fiber!!!:tu:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, thanks for all that advice!!:tu: :tu: :tu: Definately will check em all out. I just want my tundra to blind everyone goin down the road.. Proud Papa!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Just remember that it is proper paint preparation (claying, polishing, glazing) that makes the paint look wet and deep. Waxing just seals all that in. You could use turtle wax over properly polished and prepped paint and it would look fantastic, but you could also use some $70 wax over dull scratched paint and it would look like poo.

Focus more on the polishing/compounding step of your truck, almost any wax will work ok. I still recomend Duragloss though. You can use their Scratch/Swirl remover and the #105 TPP and have a killer shine for about $12, available locally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts