Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Meguiar's Leather wipes...They give the best shine but they are kinda greasy...and FYI you might do a search cuz I think this has been discussed before, but can't remember.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Nothing a clean microfiner towel can't handle

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
eww.. shiny greasy dash.

the last several times this has come up, most have agreed a clean dash is a clean dash. a dash or door panels with grease and silicone and shiny stuff arent really clean..they are just dressed.

for me? a damp microfiber cloth. if the door panels get too dirty from resting an arm on them or kickin them down at the bottom somehow i'll just use a soft bristled brush and some soap and water and then dry with air hose and microfiber. when my dad had a car washed once and they put all that greasy sh!t on the doors and dash, a little soapy water and a soft brush is all they used to clean it up and then they used an air hose. ive been doing that on all my cars since i saw them do it and a nice clean factory finish is much much better than slime.

plus u dont need any type of protectant...its not the vinyl or plastic dash boards of the 80s where they cracked.... just clean er up. usually a wet microfiber followed by a dry one is all you ever need.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I use 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner and Eagle One Nano-Protectant Vinyl & Leather Cleaner.

The 1Z gives good smell.. but I like the Eagle One Nano more. It doesn't give a shiny look... I don't like greasy and shiny stuffs.

I use the Eagle One Nano to clean the leather seats... work great.

I don't like Armor-All.... too greasy!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
I was using aerospace 303 and that works well. Now I just dust it with one of those small california dusters and unless smuges actually gets on the dash, that's all I use. I do know there was some concern using armoral and similar products. Furniture polish was another suggestion. Don't forget it is a painted surface over plastic. What do you put on paint and flat paint at that? Wax?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Good Stuff,used it for years now.
The small Cali Duster tucked under the front seat handles touch ups.
Main point is Im not a slob so truck interior cleaning is not a regular need ;)

Aerospace 303

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
With ne it's mainly the dust, I stole the wifes duster and wipe it every week takes 30 seconds, then armorall it about every month.
fyi armorall has caused more trouble than its worth..besides a cheap shiny dash.....just lettin u know. its ur truck so use what u want, but as someone pointed out, its just flat paint over hard plastic. not much need to dress that...just clean it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The Meguiars is only greasy while using it, once it dries it is not and it leaves a deeper black and looks way better than the cheap flat black look...lasts for a month or so and I just wipe over it every now and then with a microfiber towel to pick up the dust. Just my opinion though some people may like the flat black....

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
The Meguiars is only greasy while using it, once it dries it is not and it leaves a deeper black and looks way better than the cheap flat black look...lasts for a month or so and I just wipe over it every now and then with a microfiber towel to pick up the dust. Just my opinion though some people may like the flat black....
i havent paid attn to the flat black trucks...mines sand beige so i have the flat brown...kinda looks like doo doo when its deeper brown and shiny haha. :)

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
My trucks a silver color, my wife put one of those air freshner thangs on the ac vent, it leaked & removed some of the paint on the dash ooops well guess I'll take a hit at trade in time in like 10 or 15 years,

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
My trucks a silver color, my wife put one of those air freshner thangs on the ac vent, it leaked & removed some of the paint on the dash ooops well guess I'll take a hit at trade in time in like 10 or 15 years,
nah...just take some more flat spray paint and touch it up hahaha

·
Registered
270 Posts
i havent paid attn to the flat black trucks...mines sand beige so i have the flat brown...kinda looks like doo doo when its deeper brown and shiny haha. :)
Haha ya I can definitely see why you do not use anything

1 - 18 of 18 Posts