Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed either yet? That's gonna be my next install, the clear bra. Also wondering why I don't see a bug shield/deflector on the accessories at toyota.com. Not available yet?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Has anyone installed either yet? That's gonna be my next install, the clear bra. Also wondering why I don't see a bug shield/deflector on the accessories at toyota.com. Not available yet?

I have some quotes for getting the 3M xpel clearbra done.....I am up in the air about doing it though

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

Hello,

First off, I'm new here as of today, so hello to everyone. I've just ordered my 07 Tundra Double Cab Limited 4x2 TRD in Silver Sky with Graphite interior two weeks ago. Its at the port now getting the backup camera and should be ready for me by saturday.

I live outside Orlando and found this guy to do my 3M clear bra. He said the kits for the new Tundras were just cut a few weeks ago, so 3M does have them. He's doing mine next week for me.

http://www.invincaman.com/default.htm

He said they come in a couple different thicknesses. I chose the kit that covers the entire front end and a strip at the top of the roof.

Hope that helps.

Mark

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the clear bra on my Tundra. It covers pretty much everything on the front including the strip that goes in the crease of the bumper. I would send you pics but you cant see it :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Retail is around 790.00. I have some wholesale accts and got it for 550.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Retail is around 790.00. I have some wholesale accts and got it for 550.
Ouch! That's way too high! I paid $200 for my FJ clear bra installed at extreme autoworks in Lakewood, CO. But they use raw sheets of the 3M stuff and custom fit it and do a great job. Guess I'm going there...

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
How much $?
I was quoted about $700, but keep in mind this is for a Limited so the entire front will be covered, including a strip above the cab. Its sounds a little steep but to me its worth every penny. My 02 Silverado's front end looks like swiss cheese from the past few years and I vowed I would never go thru that again.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was quoted about $700, but keep in mind this is for a Limited so the entire front will be covered, including a strip above the cab. Its sounds a little steep but to me its worth every penny. My 02 Silverado's front end looks like swiss cheese from the past few years and I vowed I would never go thru that again.
Absolutley, where I live/drive a bra is not an option it's required or say good buy to paint.

is the entire hood covered? or just the front 15" along with vertical spaces, i.e. mirrors, grill sections, above window?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I just got a quote from ProForm here in N.Va for $850 which is cheaper than the one I got from Xpel ($960).

You dont have to go with the entire kit if you don't want

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just talked to my guy here in Lakewood, CO, Extreme Autoworks, and he's saying he starts at $200, just like he did for my FJ. And it goes up depending on coverage. He uses the raw 3M material and not the kits. Says the kits don't get as close to the edge and leaves gaps. I can attest to the quality of his custom jobs.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Absolutley, where I live/drive a bra is not an option it's required or say good buy to paint.

is the entire hood covered? or just the front 15" along with vertical spaces, i.e. mirrors, grill sections, above window?
The kit I picked covers the front of the hood from the chrome to about 10" back towards the windshield. Then the actual chrome grill itself, the entire front bumper, and the lower front bumper with cutouts for the fog lights, a small area around the headlights and finally a 12 " strip above the cab at the top of the windshield.

I chose kit "B" and just piece "6" off of kit "C"

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you are in the Denver area, I highly recomend ProTint on 14th and Wadsworth. They do a fantastic job and warranty their products for life. Took in my dbl cab yesterday and had them do the 3m clear bra and tinited the front windows to match the back for $350.00.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have always used the hood shields. I understand these are clear and cannot be seen, is this correct? Does it wear off eventually or are there any disadvantages to it?? Please let me know as I am unfamiliar.

Thank You

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wonder if this is the same material they put on the lower part of the rear panels in front of the rear tires on mine? Also I wondered if it was some of the extra corosion protection that comes with the cold weather package, or if it is on all the new tundra's. I don't realy like it on there and am considering taking it off. If you look you can see the edge line. Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
500 Posts
If you take them off, I think down the road you may wish you haven't. They seem to be strategically placed where the the rocker panel flares back out. Rocks off your front wheels will horrify that area over time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts