Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
They'd be corner light lenses that are totally clear instead of clear/amber or all amber. Thing you have to watch out for are that if they're all clear, they probably don't have the proper reflector in it to meet DOT specs. No reflector is technically illegal.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Basically somthing that almost every 05-06 tundra owner wants but dont make!! WTF... Does anyone know if companies are ever gonna make them?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I dont know has anyone tried it? Do they even make clear corners for the sequia's for those years? i have read before that other TS members have bought the 00-04 clear lenses and tried them on their 05-06's and claim that they do not fit due to the mounting tabs being different. If what you say is true with the sequia lenses i would buy them right now. can anyone confirm this?????

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just ordered a set off of ebay and will be trying them. Maybe I can reuse the old mount off the stock Tundra ones if the need be, and if they fit. I'll keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
932 Posts
These are clear corners on a black truck.

·
Registered
161 Posts
ncfutrell please keep us all updated if those lenses in fact work! even if they dont it will be good to post and let other people know.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry fellas, if you've got an 05-06 Access Cab, they don't work. Well, they don't work unless you are willing to cut a little bit. I have those same ones on my truck, and I got them to fit, but I must admit, they are a little rigged. Since they were so cheap, I figured I would take it on as a little project for myself. I actually bought them brand new off Craigslist off a guy that bought them for his 2005 AC, but then realized they didn't fit so he sold them to me for 30 bucks. I figured if I was just able to cut the crap outta the inside of the clear corner itself to get them to fit, big deal. But I did however had to cut the small plastic retaining clip from the stock headlight. I did it very cleanly though with a dremel. I made sure though that the factory corner lens will still mount up no problem. Basically after I cut the retaining clip from the headlight housing, I just kept cutting tabs off the clear corners until they flushed up to the headlights. The mounting screw on top basically keeps them installed on the truck, those clips on the inside just basically keep it secure against the lower portion of the corner lens. Here comes the rigging part. I went to the store and got some 3M Heavy Duty two sided tape, and stuck it on the headlight where the retaining clip was. I think it took two or three layers of it to make them snug. Then voila! My truck had clear corners! I should've taken pictures of the process, but I wasn't sure if it would turn out good until it was all done. They are actually very solid, and line up perfectly. When I was researching clear corners, most people that have them for their earlier Tundras complained that they were a little loose on their trucks. My only complaint is they have a little bulge on the sides for reflection purposes that the earlier OEM Tundra corners had also, but the 2005-2006 OEM corners are smooth with no bulge. Just a minor gripe. Other than that, no problems with fogging up or anything.

Here is the finished product...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know if this matters, but I am going to try it on my doublecab. If I can't get it to work, I might be able to get some made specifically for the 05-06 Tundra. A guy in my town used to do it; he did some for my 01 Ranger Edge I had a while ago. Last I heard though he had to close his business due to health problems, but I shall find out.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
I tried the same method as gsxr, but I wasn't willing to shave my headlight tabs at the expense of some cheap clear corners. After I sawed and dremeled the hell out of them, I sold them to someone on here cheap too.

I'm happier with LED's all around now and the amber in the front doesn't bother me as much. :tu:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts