Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please tell me why in the SET area they have the Front & Rear Park Pilot (w/Resin Bumper) for $575 or the Front and Rear Clearance Sonar for $500 listed as accessories. What is the difference?

Use this link to build one in my area and look

Build Your Own

·
Banned
888 Posts
With three mirrors why would one need such an option?
Waste of cash IMO.
People dont use their mirrors anyway,what makes them think this gizzmo will be any different ?
Tow mirrors on a half-ton are only for balance anyway:D

TnK

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
But you do know those outside mirrors are required in some states? ;) I can't drive without outside mirrors as my license REQUIRES I have them.

Sanosuke!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would have thought it a waste myself, but since the truck I wanted was on the lot and had the sonar, I ended up with it. I am very glad now, it's so nice to have.

My garage is a very tight fit. Since it's a front sonar as well as reverse, I can drive the truck straight in and stop. Keeping it about 12 inches off the wall on the passenger side and stopping it in the exact same spot every time so the door will just close behind it. It sure makes parking the thing convenient. As for reverse well I haven't used them for that yet.

Yes I know I could use the old tennis ball from a string trick or something but since I've already got it....

As for the difference in the pricing, that I have no idea, mine's the $500 sonar.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We have the rear sonar on our FJ. Didn't think it was needed but after using it I like it. The FJ is one big blind spot anyway.

Now I wish I had it on my '05 DC. I nicked the concrete pillar holding a light pole in a parking lot that was below the mirror view. Saw the pole, not the concrete pillar, put a nasty scratch in the bed. Would be nice if the mirrors 'dipped' when you put it in reverse.

I WILL have on my new '07 Crew Max!

Rich

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am confused, the Front & Rear Park Pilot (w/Resin Bumper)
MSRP $575.00 is similar to sonar in that it detects objects?

Basically my question is what is the Front & Rear Park Pilot (w/Resin Bumper)?

Thanks a lot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts