Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new DC last Thurs with Park Pilot, a SouthEast Toyota add-on for $575.00. It doesn't work well (I have a Lexus LS430 with park assist to compare with) and beeps when nothings around, plus has no dash indicator to show you where the objects are.

I noticed an option called Front and Rear Clearance Sonar, which is $500.00. Is this the factory option that has the dash indicator in addition to the beeps?

If so, I'd much rather have it, and feel ripped off by SE Toyota Dist. Why did I pay an extra $75.00 for an inferior unit? Why does Toyota allow this to happen?

What a dissappointment!

Thanks, Tom Allen

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
SET opted to order your truck without sonar and installed their inferior version so that they could sell it to you for more profit. It's as simple and as ridiculous as that. I would be mad, too, both at SET and at myself for not doing my research.

It's a shame that you can't trust Toyota or SET to ensure that the customer gets the sonar device that they are expecting from reading, say, the Tundra iGude. Isn't it nice to know that the Jim Moran family is worth billions because they exchanged your factory sonar for a crappy one?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts