Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a clicking sound at the start of each sweep of the wiper. Location is near, maybe behind the sunglasses pocket on the roof. Not exactly a click, but that's the best description I can come up with--probably an electrical sound of some sort. A relay? Strange place for a relay.

So, what's the noise & how do I get to it to fix it?

·
Banned
24 Posts
Hi Forester,

It is relays that click when they switch on/off. They're mechanical: they consist of a low current electric magnet (solenoid) that opens/closes a pair of electrical contacts that carry a higher current. I was also facing the same problem with my car. I get it checked from my https://www.yourmechanic.com/cars/Toyota. It is now fine. You need not to worry about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where the windshield wiper motor transmission attaches to the motor it popped off .There is a ball type thing on the wiper motor with a plastic clip or whatever.Undo the wiper motor and pop it back on.Just fixed one last week.May need a new plastic insert/clip.Usually that happens from turning on the wipers when they are frozen to the windshield.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree, the relay do produce a very mild clicking and not to noticeable sound every time the wiper is activated. But most of the time as the parts ages some plastic parts becomes brittle like what Catherine mentioned about the plastic clip she replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts