Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Tundra Crewmax Limited Edition. It has 10,393 miles on it. After I had the oil changed at 5k I noticed a random clicking noise when I pressed the accelerator and then again when I let off. Then I noticed it would do it randomly. It doesn't matter what time of day or night. It does not matter if the AC is on or if ANYTHING is on or off. Speed is not a factor. It clicks at any speed from 10-95 mph. This relay just turns on and off at random. I have taken it to two dealerships and neither could replicate the problem until last night. Toyota is claiming this may be a "Tundra" thing and there is nothing that can be done. Does anyone know what this may be? It is defiantly a relay turning on and turning off. Does anyone else have this problem? I only have about 1600 miles to try to fix it or claim lemon. Any help or advice would be VERY helpful. Please help!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am having this same issue but it seems to only be happening when I hit the brake. The clicking is driving me crazy yet Toyota said they don't know what it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What all have they tried to do to correct this problem? I do not know what good it will do, but if they can not or will not fix it I think I will have to call Toyota. I can not pay this much for a truck that annoys me. There has to be something they can do.

·
Registered
79 Posts
They haven't done anything for me yet, I am thinking its a faulty relay but they need me to drop it off for a few days for them to look into it. Just can't go without my truck that long.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just tell them you need a loaner truck while your's is in the shop. My dealer will get one of the used ones off the lot and supply it as the loaner.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I will have to try that, last time I talked to the service guy he was trying to put me in a car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: Well I took my Tundra in last Thursday and they kept it all weekend. I picked it up last night and they said they could not replicate the tick. I drove it a mile and it started the tick on and then tick off. I guess I will write to Toyota.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts