Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2000 SR5 Tundra. The lights behind the climate controls are not working. Any ideas ?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hello, I have a 2000 SR5 Tundra. The lights behind the climate controls are not working. Any ideas ?? Thanks
Is it just one of the three dials not lit up, or all three the dials unlit?

For example, the light behind my fan switch is out, but the lights behind my temp dial and selector dial are fine. In my case, it's just likely a burned out individual light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. It is all of them. I guess my question is...should I take this back to the dealer, or is it easy enough to fix it myself ?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Did they all go off at the same time, if they did it might be a fuse. If they went out 1 at a time and you are posting it now, it is the light bulbs. For the bulbs just pull on the knob. It will feel like you might break it, but they wont. I have had to change the bubls on mine, plus remove them to replace the stereo. The only problem I had was when I pulled one of them I lost my grip on it and ending up tossing it on the ground...which then I stepped on :cry:. They are fairly cheap, I think around $10 per knob, but this was about 3 years ago so anything is possible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
it's simple to change the bulbs out, just pull out knobs, remove screws, then remove 2 screws at top part of air vents, then pull cover towards you to remove, maybe 6 clips holding it in place. bulbs are cheap, they have a green cover on them that does not come off easy with out ripping. I changed my bulbs when they were out and didn't put the film back on, just a little brighter than is was prior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, the lights just quit behind all 3 of my climate control knobs. I checked the fuse box under the dash, and didn't see a fuse that was burnt, nor a description of a fuse that would've been relevant to those lights. Its only the lights behind those 3 knobs. I didn't see an answer regarding this problem, besides the fuse. Thanks! 2000 Toyota Tundra 189,789 Miles and going strong!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts