Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 Tundra clunks when I turn into a driveway, I feel it through the floor board and when reversing out of driveways. I checked the undercarriage everything is tight. My budy would listen to the noise while I would cycle it and he said he hears it coming from the rear and front drivers side. Recently had alignment done. I changed bushing on the front sway bar. Cant seem to figure out whats wrong, someone please help me out!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I once had a Ford F150 with the same problem --- actually, it was a common problem with the F150. Here's what would happen: Each steering knuckle had a cast "stop" cast into it. It served to limit the travel of the steering wheel --- in other words it was the mechanical steering "lock". When the wheel was turned to full lock in either direction, this cast stop would rub against the control arm and "pop". Greasing the stop solved the problem. May or may not be related to your problem -----------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.