Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its getting close to time and wondering if anyone has any beneficial info on what not to do. Should i go with OEM Parts or Aftermarket Clutch Kits? 1993 4x4 PU Ext Cab Long Bed V6 3.0 5 Speed, i will probably let someone do the work since i have more $$ than brains, just kidding my health is the issue and just curious on which would be best route!! all i need is a dependable replacement set up nothing radical i have OEM 31x10.5x15s factory tires and do little 4x4 driving but if needed i want a dependable set up!! Thanks for any info TB

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Any benefit from standarad to ceramic? i was going to replace the clutch cylinder and fluid also and ya think this stuff beats OEM!!:tu:
Well ceramic can hold a lot more power, but it isn't as street friendly. I'm not sure what you can go on your truck but kevlar ones are supposed to hold a decent amount of power, are still rather street friendly, and they won't glaze like regular ones. Look into those if they make any for your truck.

Ceramics are aggresive. I wouldn't advise it if this is just a daily driver. A bunch of my buddies have 6 puck ceramics in their talons and even one guy has it in his turbo'd sentra....they crab hard!!! Not good for the average joe driver. If they make them for your truck look into the kevlar ones. Great holding power, street friendly, 4 puck for great cooling and it won't glaze like a regular one.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well ceramic can hold a lot more power, but it isn't as street friendly. I'm not sure what you can go on your truck but kevlar ones are supposed to hold a decent amount of power, are still rather street friendly, and they won't glaze like regular ones. Look into those if they make any for your truck.

Ceramics are aggresive. I wouldn't advise it if this is just a daily driver. A bunch of my buddies have 6 puck ceramics in their talons and even one guy has it in his turbo'd sentra....they crab hard!!! Not good for the average joe driver. If they make them for your truck look into the kevlar ones. Great holding power, street friendly, 4 puck for great cooling and it won't glaze like a regular one.

Thanks for great info!! i do not need anything agressive at all just occasional hunting trip mostly street use!!:)

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Thanks for great info!! i do not need anything agressive at all just occasional hunting trip mostly street use!!:)
You're welcome ;) :tu:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts