Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question
I have an 02 tundra check engine light came on checked for code it was for 02 sensor changed all four sensors reset code a week later it threw the same code sensor 1 bank 2 burning lean.
Any suggestions for the problem would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Can't remember for sure think the code was 0174.

·
Registered
830 Posts
First checkbox for a lean code on one bank is to check for and fix any exhaust leaks. Next would be all the regular tune up items. Clean the MAF and throttle body, replace the spark plugs, new air filter, run some heavy duty injector cleaner through it, clean/replace the PCV valve. When all that is done disconnect the neg battery terminal for 5 min, start the engine, start the engine again and let it idle for at least 10 min before driving. Revisit the codes if one pops up again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
N

First checkbox for a lean code on one bank is to check for and fix any exhaust leaks. Next would be all the regular tune up items. Clean the MAF and throttle body, replace the spark plugs, new air filter, run some heavy duty injector cleaner through it, clean/replace the PCV valve. When all that is done disconnect the neg battery terminal for 5 min, start the engine, start the engine again and let it idle for at least 10 min before driving. Revisit the codes if one pops up again.
Thank you for the reply have already replaced the plugs and maf i have k&n system and have cleaned the filter. will continue with the rest of the items.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
N

Thank you for the reply have already replaced the plugs and maf i have k&n system and have cleaned the filter. will continue with the rest of the items.

Thank you again.
Excess oil from the K&N filter may coat your MAF causing a malfunction. It happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts