Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Tundra 4.6 CrewMax 190,000 miles

Anyone ever had any luck taking this off and simply cleaning it up and reinstalling?. Mine was stuck open and when I took it off and fiddle with it a little it closed. I cleaned it up and put it back together. The CEL light and TRAC control light didn't come back on. I wonder how long it will last? Thoughts?

· Premium Member
229 Posts
2012 Tundra 4.6 CrewMax 190,000 miles

Anyone ever had any luck taking this off and simply cleaning it up and reinstalling?. Mine was stuck open and when I took it off and fiddle with it a little it closed. I cleaned it up and put it back together. The CEL light and TRAC control light didn't come back on. I wonder how long it will last? Thoughts?
Yes, I took apart the valve on an '06 Sequoia 4.7 and removed two of the little fan blades that had broken off and wedged in there. The valve closed fine after that, but I bypassed the system with a kit and was done with it.

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I have a different situation, the 2012 has a valve on top of each side of the engine. The valve doesn't have a fan,like the air pump. See video attached

1 - 3 of 3 Posts