Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2007 TRD off road SR5 with the 5.7 is currently dead in the driveway with a broken drivers side coil spring up front.
I have searched high and low for pre loaded assemblies that would work, namely the rough country 501090, a KYB quick strut, as well as a few others. (Monroe, FCS) Currently all either on long back order, too pricy for the downgrade they would be, or in the case of FCS, sooo cheap on RA that I don’t want to even bother with them.
I found a set of Bilstein 4600 takeoffs from a 2018 that I know would work, and a set of springs from a 2020 crewmax platinum 5.7 that had originally held the base (black) struts. I figured I could combine the springs with the takeoff 4600s, and have the same setup as I drove off the lot in 2007… but research has told me that the part numbers for my broken spring (48131 0C103) is slightly different than the part numbers I could dig up for 2020 crewmax platinum base (41831 0C223)
Got to wondering if spring rate would be different enough between the two to worry about, or if I should bite the bullet and give it a shot.
Thanks for reading my plight… and feel free to chime in with your thoughts.
Gas Auto part Font Engineering Composite material

Gas Auto part Font Engineering Composite material

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts