Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6 inch RCD lift on My 2000. It kit came with bilstiens that retained the stock coil, but to be honest they suck for offroading. The kit overall is awsome, the best lift out there!! I am looking for a better coilover that I can set in without using a spacer. I have the total chaos upper control arm and the billstiens even limit it on articulation. I know king and fox will make anything I need, I'm just seeing if anyone has used them or has another company to go through.

·
No Really, I swear, I'm Done..
3,091 Posts
These two are the only companies that will just make you one at will. Donahoe and SAW will likely tell you to pound sand. King coils and shocks are on too many Rock buggies and sand rails for them to suck. Plus DR, SAW and King all came from the same place at one time. They are all basically the same with some minor differences.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Measure your extended and compressed lengths on your front suspension and take 'em to the guys at Kartek, see if they can help you.

Lot of manufacturers make standard sizes, maybe one will work for you. You'll need something like a 5.5" shaft (I'm guessing) but a 10" body (again, I'm completely guessing here), I know SAW can help there...

Measure the shaft length on the shocks you have, and the body length, add 4" to the body length (you have a 4" drop bracket) and that's what you need. You'll end up with a shock with more oil volume and a large nitro chamber so the ride should be pretty good.

Talk to Kartek.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I remmeber reading somewhere that Donahoe would make something for you if you brought your truck in. If not, there is a guy on socaltundras.com who has SAWs w/ the RCD

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey bro i also have the RCD lift an i know exactly what u mean about the ride.... i am waiting on total chaos upper control arms, total choas dual shock hoop an some Fox res. shocks, but fox racing makes a very nice coilover set up with res. for our trucks that can be found on offroadwarehouse.com but if i were to upgrade my coilovers i would definetly go with ICON found on iconvehicledynamics.com they have a extended travel coil over that is actually made for our year tundra with the rcd lift on it...
hope this helps
T davis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts