Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying a set of Donahoe coilovers and Camburg upper control arms for my 06 Double Cab 4x4. I am looking for any feedback, good or bad, from people who either have this setup or have coilovers on a 4wd. Wondering about ride quality, CV boot stress, etc. The more feedback the better!!!! Thank you guys!

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
I am planning on buying a set of Donahoe coilovers and Camburg upper control arms for my 06 Double Cab 4x4. I am looking for any feedback, good or bad, from people who either have this setup or have coilovers on a 4wd. Wondering about ride quality, CV boot stress, etc. The more feedback the better!!!! Thank you guys!
Trickle feedback is the ride will be a marked difference over your stock parts...the springs will be a little stiffer, but the shocks will damp much, much better than the stock shocks.

Everyone who has stuffed their suspension HARD has found they poke the inner fender with the upper control arm bolt. I haven't had this problem since I'm fairly gentle considering what I ask of the truck, despite being all over the bump stops every trip. It's extremely close, tho, on my truck...probably that last bit of compression of the bump stop is when it happens. I mentioned a few times I thought it was just the Camburg arms but apparently the Total Chaos arms do it as well. Something to keep in mind...but if you're not running around stuffing it in dunes you'll probably never notice.

Don't lift above 2.5" and use a diff drop spacer unless you want to switch CV boots to the 930s...then you're fine throughout the suspension cycle.

Use the search function for the firehose feedback.

-Sean

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Looking for the perfect wheel/tire combo before I order the whole package!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts