Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys heres my question. Im wanting to lift my Sequoia Ive looked at the revtek kits and was also thinking about the Camburg Coilovers and Control arms from the Tundra. Will the truck be used for OFFROAD??? NO. Do i want good ride quality? YES? If i do the revtek i will throw some bilstiens shocks on there to go with it. With the Camburgs I need a spacer and bilstiens for the rear anyways. So Im not sure really wich route to go with it. I know there is a big price diff between the two setups. Would i like to go the cheaper route, of course i just rather do it right the first time and not have to worry about it.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You could go a million ways with this, but those you mentioned aren't the only kits available. For example, they have spacers for above the coil like the Ready-Lift or you could do poly spacers similar to the Revetek which will compress the coil giving you more lift and a stiffer more controlled feel than something like the Ready-lift. You can also do a fairly in-expensive kit like the adjustable Bilstein 5100 strut that utilizes the factory spring. Then you have the coil-over kits, from basic-heavy duty from companies like the Camburg, King, Bilstein, Icon, Fabtech etc. ...which you can adjust as you know. That being said, I like the feel of the coil-over better, as the kickback of the spring on dips and speed bumps isn't so harsh. There is also another way you could go, and that is with Old Man Emu front springs and you could buy a nice set of struts to complement them or if your stock ones are good, leave them. The OME will level up the front, and provide a heavier spring load for aftermarket bumpers or winch. You can search all day on this topic and get all kinds of input. Either way you go, I would recommend the diff drop spacer and maybe the CV boot mod if you go very high. And for the rear, you don't have many out of the box options. Poly spacer, or you can try some OME springs for the 100 series land cruiser (I'm looking at trying the OME866 in a couple weeks), and some Land Cruiser OME shocks. I'll post pictures when I get it done to see how it sits. Good luck!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I used the Bilstein 5100 series that are for a tundra. Bilstein doesn't list them as fitting but I found they fit perfect and ride much better than the worn stock ones that were on there. They were also barely more expensive than spacers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts