Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know if the hole for the 4x4 switch is the same size as the 4x2 coin holder? I am assuming all instrument garnishes start life as a 4x4, and the black coin holder just clips into the hole. Anyone know for sure? :proud3d:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know if the hole for the 4x4 switch is the same size as the 4x2 coin holder? I am assuming all instrument garnishes start life as a 4x4, and the black coin holder just clips into the hole. Anyone know for sure? :proud3d:
you know what would be cool is that all 4x2 were equipped with 4x4s already, but the secret was that you had to buy the switch and hook it up :D

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
same.

co worker had the novel idea (never did anything about it though) of getting a 4x4 switch from a wrecking yard and doing some custom work on it to relabel it and wiring up off road lights to it so it looked stock and was just a big ol knob to turn various off road lights on and off haha dork.

but yes, they are the same.

·
Registered
598 Posts
On the back side off the coin holder the 4x4 plug is actually attached to it. I found this out when I took it out to put my pressure gauge in there for my airbags.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I noticed that! I thought maybe the picture was wrong, like a photo of the back of a 4x4 cluster. I bought one out of a Limited/Platinum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts