Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased an '06 Tundra DC. Looking to make some upgrades in the future and want to get some opinions from people who have experience. Again, I am not looking for opinions. I want real experiences.

Preference on cold air intake? I am looking at getting the K&N 57 series.

Throttle Body Spacer? Good or Bad? What brand do you prefer?

Thanks ahead of time for the responses!

·
Registered
756 Posts
you should check out the search function of this site. These topics have been whipped like mules. Just so you know, the factory air box is a cold air set up.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Throttle Body Spacer- horrible waste of money
cai- volant is the best for the 4.7 (if you sure thats what you will find)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Take the money you would have spent on intakes and spacers and use it to buy as many lottery tickets as you can + one snickers bar.

This way at the end of the day even if the tickets don't pay off you still have more to show for your investment than if you had wasted it on your trucks intake tract.

·
Tundra Racing Development
1,070 Posts
From my experience, stock is best for low end power and filtration.

I ran the K&N drop in and the FIPK, my oil was the dirtiest it has ever been and I lost low end torque.

Next I ran the AEM Brute Force intake and throught it filtered like the K&N and still lost low end torque.

I picked up a True Flow drop in filter and got great filtration and kept my low end torque. (Best of both worlds)

Then I decided to build a race truck and now I'm going to run a custom UMP Superfilter

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Not to sound like an ass, but try to search for CAI / intake and youll find plenty of threads to read through. Most agree, its a waste of money. If you want that "woooosh" sound at wot then get it. If not stick w/ your factory air box.

As far as the tb spacer goes, on a stock Tundra motor its a waste of money.

Save your money and put it towards something else for your Tundra, she'll thank you later. :)

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Recently purchased an '06 Tundra DC. Looking to make some upgrades in the future and want to get some opinions from people who have experience. Again, I am not looking for opinions. I want real experiences.

Preference on cold air intake? I am looking at getting the K&N 57 series.

Throttle Body Spacer? Good or Bad? What brand do you prefer?

Thanks ahead of time for the responses!
Here we go again. :rolleyesa:

Please try doing a search.

There is a poll in the Poll forum as to which is the "best" intake. The over whelming choice is to leave it stock.

Throttle body spacers are a waste of money. Don't even bother with one.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
If you want a mod that actually makes a difference that you can feel, save up for headers and a high flow muffler.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will have to apologiz to those of you who are more experienced than I am on the forum and clearly feel the need to show it. I was not aware of the search engine for the forum topics. I promise I will not make that mistake again. A simple FYI would have sufficed. To those who actually responded in the sense of being helpful I thank you and believe I got the answers I was looking for. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I vote for the stock air box with a straight tube. I used the tube from my injen power flow cai kit and it does the best. Take your wife to dinner, buy her a new dress and some flowers and forget about cai kits.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I will have to apologiz to those of you who are more experienced than I am on the forum and clearly feel the need to show it. I was not aware of the search engine for the forum topics. I promise I will not make that mistake again. A simple FYI would have sufficed. To those who actually responded in the sense of being helpful I thank you and believe I got the answers I was looking for. Thanks!
Don't apologize. If it bothers people to much then they shouldn't click on the thread.:)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Everyone STOP your whining....jeez!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
From my experience, stock is best for low end power and filtration.

I ran the K&N drop in and the FIPK, my oil was the dirtiest it has ever been and I lost low end torque.
THIS FILTER LOOKS SICK:eek:
I completely agree.

If you want a mod that actually makes a difference that you can feel, save up for headers and a high flow muffler.
I completely agree.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I'd go with the true flow even though they went out of business you can still find their filters for sale just have to hunt to find the recharge kits. Their foam filter filters 10 times or more better than K&N.
Very easy, the oil kits they supplied were rebranded Uni filter oil kits.

BTW- Throttle body spacers are useless (from experience).

True flow proved to be the best drop in. I do have a Volant as well, but can't use it as it is not C.A.R.B. approved for use in Kalifornia.

·
Registered
756 Posts
You might want to rethink that cat back system also. Most end up back to stock with a shorter muffler and stock pipes. I run a 14" magnaflow and it sounds great. If you search exhaust you can read til your eyes bleed, just something else for you to check out before paying for it and then not liking it. Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts