Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running the Volant on my 2010 Tundra 5.7 with the corsa exhaust and love it. I am wondering if you guys would have any suggestions for my sons 99 pre-runner with the 3.4 engine.
He has just recently graduated high school and is working this summer with a little money saved up before he starts college and is wanting to do a few upgrades to his truck.
He has just recently installed the flowmaster 10 series race muffler with turn downs on it and whew, it makes some noise.
Any suggestions you could give would be appreciated.
zeeya

·
Registered
918 Posts
True Flow Intake System - 40500 by True Flow

I am fond of these and would consider trying one. Open elements just aren't as effective in otherwise factory setups. Why pay upwards of 350 bucks for a sealed aftermarket unit that provides an airbox that serves the same function as the factory one but looks prettier. This setup replaces the parts of your intake that could make some difference and leaves the ones that are perfectly fine already untouched. The only thing missing will be the 5 extra hp from the bling factor of having the big, obviously aftermarket airbox or heat shield there for all the world to see.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
True Flow Intake System - 40500 by True Flow

I am fond of these and would consider trying one. Open elements just aren't as effective in otherwise factory setups. Why pay upwards of 350 bucks for a sealed aftermarket unit that provides an airbox that serves the same function as the factory one but looks prettier. This setup replaces the parts of your intake that could make some difference and leaves the ones that are perfectly fine already untouched. The only thing missing will be the 5 extra hp from the bling factor of having the big, obviously aftermarket airbox or heat shield there for all the world to see.
^^^ what he said. :tu:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am running the Volant on my 2010 Tundra 5.7 with the corsa exhaust and love it. I am wondering if you guys would have any suggestions for my sons 99 pre-runner with the 3.4 engine.
He has just recently graduated high school and is working this summer with a little money saved up before he starts college and is wanting to do a few upgrades to his truck.
He has just recently installed the flowmaster 10 series race muffler with turn downs on it and whew, it makes some noise.
Any suggestions you could give would be appreciated.
zeeya
This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the excellent work.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i called Danny at Volant and as he did with my unit when i called him for the 2010 Tundra at $300 he sold my son one for the 3.4 Taco pre-runner with shipping for $213 delivered to the house. I helped him install it the other night and while we were at it pulled the elbow out of the fender and cut it off to get rid of the restriction. He is satisfied with it.
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Well i called Danny at Volant and as he did with my unit when i called him for the 2010 Tundra at $300 he sold my son one for the 3.4 Taco pre-runner with shipping for $213 delivered to the house. I helped him install it the other night and while we were at it pulled the elbow out of the fender and cut it off to get rid of the restriction. He is satisfied with it.
Thanks for your input.
I called Volant and left a message for Danny. He has not returned my call and the rumor is that he left the company and joined the Circus. Anyone can confirm that?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called Volant and left a message for Danny. He has not returned my call and the rumor is that he left the company and joined the Circus. Anyone can confirm that?
I had to call a couple of times before i got through to him, but he was real nice and was very appreciative of the TS bunch.
I am fixing to put my volant off of my 2010 5.7 on the for sale list. I boxed it back up after the supercharger install and it is sitting in the garage. I figure i will ask $175 + shipping. I think the only thing is the mechanic did not put my two little screws back in the box for the mass air flow sensor.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks for your input.

Yeah I wouldnt post those prices for the world to see. Danny could be in trouble because of this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you gain knowledge, would you mind updating your forum with extra information? It is extremely useful for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had to call a couple of times before i got through to him, but he was real nice and was very appreciative of the TS bunch.
I am fixing to put my volant off of my 2010 5.7 on the for sale list. I boxed it back up after the supercharger install and it is sitting in the garage. I figure i will ask $175 + shipping. I think the only thing is the mechanic did not put my two little screws back in the box for the mass air flow sensor.
I just sold this one for $125.00+shipping on TS/classifieds
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/gallery/files/1/7/8/0/3/4/008.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Zeeya,

If you are still looking for a cold air intake I have a suggestion. First, let me say that you do get what you pay for and I believe that Volant is one of the best intakes on the market. I didn't want to spend the money on an intake and I found a cold air intake on e-bay for $66.00 (just search for 2000 tacoma cold air intake). The only problem that I had with this model was installing the heat sheild. The instructions suck, but I was able figure out how to install all the parts with very little modifications and my 2000 Tacoma runs fine and sounds pretty good as well. My next mod for my truck will be a dual exhaust. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey All,

Any recommendations for an '01 Tundra V6? I checked Volant's website and it looks like they only have intakes for the V8.

Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts