Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,047 Posts
Volant is really good, I use it. I'd stay away from K&n, there is sum threads that say how they can mess up your truck.
I've used K&N products on every vehicle I've owned except the Tundra with no problems. K&N won't mess your truck up. People that don't know how to clean and oil them properly mess stuff up whether it's K&N, Airaid, or any of the other oiled filters.

· Registered
3,047 Posts
I had K&N FIPK, K&N Drop in, Volant intake, & stock intake.

K&N drop in: not a dang thing in any category.
K&N FIPK: made my dual exhaust sound really throaty, Loss of low end torque, no MPG increase.
Volant intake: not as loud as the Volant, Felt very little loss in low end torque, Very impressed in the HP gain. I was spinning tires on dry pavement. MPG NA: Only put 20 miles on it and then sold it.
Stock intake: run the stock filter and call it a day.

If I didn't need the money at the time when I sold the Volant intake, I would have kept it. I was very impressed with it.
But I'm back to running the stock intake and it serves its purpose quite well I think.

Chris
I plan on keeping the stock setup with the drop-in. The only other thing I have considered is getting the Airaid Jr. kit to try out the tube from the airbox to throttle body. It looks like it MAY provide an improvement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.