Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the detractors say NO! However I have decided to invest in a cold air intake.
My questions is what brand:Volant, TruFlo, AFE, Ingen or another brand.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I know the detractors say NO! However I have decided to invest in a cold air intake.
My questions is what brand:Volant, TruFlo, AFE, Ingen or another brand.

Thanks!
i've heard the ingens are good IF you have everything tuned together. i also hear the aem brute force is pretty good. i'd probably go with the truflo though if i didn't want to keep it stock. from what i've read, the stock unit is pretty hard to beat. i thought about dropping in a truflo and keep everything else stock and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Since you said you don't want us to steer you away, use anything that keeps an actual airbox. Those open air filters are garbage. A coffee filter would probly do a better job.

·
Registered
17 Posts
haha okay (i was planning on getting one but ahh guess not lol!) thanks guys

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
what about K&N are they any good?
They do an excellent job of filtering Benjamins out of your wallet :devil:.

x2 on the TrueFlow. BTW if you call and bug them, even they will tell you the stock airbox is the best way to run. Search Engine & Drivetrain for the old True Flow thread.

·
Registered
17 Posts
where can i get a tru flo and do they have them for 4runners? how much?

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
what about K&N are they any good?
stay away from the k&n's! i haven't heard ONE good thing about them! my buddy bought one for his tundra and the only thing it did was allow dirt to get in and let his money disappear! for racing apps. i see a lot of k&n's at the drag strip but those are short runs and they're cleaned after every race!

·
Registered
831 Posts
They do an excellent job of filtering Benjamins out of your wallet :devil:.

x2 on the TrueFlow. BTW if you call and bug them, even they will tell you the stock airbox is the best way to run. Search Engine & Drivetrain for the old True Flow thread.
That's why if I was to get one, I'd use a AEM dry-flow air filter. No oil involved and it does a great job at filtering and having more air flow than standard OEM type filters. Although, I'd rather keep the factory airbox and fabricate something to convert to a AEM air filter.

:tu: for a synthetic filter that only needs washing

1 - 18 of 18 Posts