Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded in my 2008 DC for a 2010 DC. When I went to install my Alpine stereo in the 2010 the new dash is a metallic grey? where the 2008 was a shiny black. Anyone come up with the correct color?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
According to your sig you must have a very special edition Tundra. Considering there is no such thing as a 2010 4.7.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
wow. this has never been discussed before..oh wait..yes it has...tons of times...ever since the '10s came out. no one has one that matches yet, the new one has some flake in it making it metallic...no one makes one that matches...everyone is running mismatched ones so far.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
i think he didnt fix it when he got the new truck cause thats what his 2008 probably was
Really? (duh) Wheres your sense of humor bro?

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Let me know when you figure it out, because I'm in the same boat. Want a good nav, but know I won't be happy with my solution (dash kit to cover HVAC).

Ideally, I just want to see if the Platinum HVAC plugs up, then I'd use the gloss back install kit. Too bad it's like $800 from toyota. I haven't checked what my cost is, but probably still $500+. For $300 I'd do it just to have the OEM look, but right now it's too rich for my blood.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I'm not taking that chance. Even matching OEM metallic paint is a challenge, and you're talking about painting a plastic surface with metallic paint that is going to be next to another plastic surface, also with metallic paint - that's like a disaster waiting to happen! :D It's going to be hard to even get the luster of the clean good enough to have the pieces butt up next to each other.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts