Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
TS
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have my tundra special ordered. With all my odds and ends, it could take up to 3 weeks to locate one. I told the dealership three colors to speed up the process- white, silver, or slate .

I use my truck for work, play, woods, grocery, and as a road tripper. I am not always easy on it, but I take wonderful care of it. I have two dogs that will jump on the side of the truck, I have workers who will lean on the sides of the bed with buttons on their shirt to reach material, I have trees that will squeel against the side of the paint, and I will have carts and car doors ding the sides.

I cleaned up my 2002 today and it would pass for a one month old car- I attribute this to being white.. My favorite car color until now. I like the looks of this newer tundra in silver and slate, but I am worried about the scratches. Does anyone have either color and how is your experience with scratches, swirls and mud?

·
Registered
378 Posts
:rolleyes: Sorry, I got radiant red.

I was SO close to getting the superwhite, but thought it looked to work truckish to me.

So the radiant red stands out as well as the 07 stands out. I cant say I have seen one yet in my color.

I honestly like all the colors on this truck. Every color looks sharp, maybe I am biased as I have an 07 Tundra too.

·
TS
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the radiant red too, they have one at my dealership. I am trying to stay with greyscale colors though.

The work truck thing is my only reserve, my current tundra doesn't seem as worktruck like as the new, I think due to the size.

·
TS
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black.. incredible looking.. Prob. the best looking.

I just cannot justify it. My truck would look 20 yrs. old at months end the way it will be used.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I think that white, silver, and slate are probably all considered to be among the "safe" colors for dealerships as opposed to green, radiant red, and blue streak. Safe means that they aren't likely to kill a sale because a potential buyer likes everything else but the color. So, you are much more likely to get your truck soon if it is in a safe color because that's what is mostly going to show up at dealerships.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think that white, silver, and slate are probably all considered to be among the "safe" colors for dealerships as opposed to green, radiant red, and blue streak. Safe means that they aren't likely to kill a sale because a potential buyer likes everything else but the color. So, you are much more likely to get your truck soon if it is in a safe color because that's what is mostly going to show up at dealerships.
Which probably means toyota will produce less radiant reds and blue streaks, meaning fewer will own my same truck!

Stands out here where you see mostly white Chebys.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Which is why I'm getting Pyrite even though I probably like the look of Slate/Red Rock the most. The pics of that combo that was posted recently look great. However, I'd like to have the more unique color if possible.

If you're looking to find a truck in the pipeline sooner, though, you should pick one of the safer colors - there will be more of them in more configurations.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Which is why I'm getting Pyrite even though I probably like the look of Slate/Red Rock the most. The pics of that combo that was posted recently look great. However, I'd like to have the more unique color if possible.

If you're looking to find a truck in the pipeline sooner, though, you should pick one of the safer colors - there will be more of them in more configurations.
i am a little biased but look at my black/red rock pictures... apparently right now it looks like i am about one in 8 guys in all of southern california in a 360 mile radius with a black/ red rock combo... talk about being one of a kind unique huh...

black FTW ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
i ordered black...even though it shows dirt easy...and it attracts the rays...i had to go with it cause it looks mean :cool: and it'll match my harley someday

·
Registered
214 Posts
Based on how your truck will be used I would have to suggest sticking with the White. It will keep it looking newer far longer than any other color if you will have a ton of small dings or scratches.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I just had my white Lexus in the shop for ding, dent and scratch removal. It is 7 years old and looks brand new. I'm sure that I will recoup the $750 it cost and the SUV will sell faster. I didn't want to get the same color in my next vehicle. For the Tundra, I looked for silver for over 2 months before I gave up and bought slate. I don't believe that you can go wrong with either color. Both look great with the graphite leather.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Ok, I have my tundra special ordered. With all my odds and ends, it could take up to 3 weeks to locate one. I told the dealership three colors to speed up the process- white, silver, or slate .

I use my truck for work, play, woods, grocery, and as a road tripper. I am not always easy on it, but I take wonderful care of it. I have two dogs that will jump on the side of the truck, I have workers who will lean on the sides of the bed with buttons on their shirt to reach material, I have trees that will squeel against the side of the paint, and I will have carts and car doors ding the sides.

I cleaned up my 2002 today and it would pass for a one month old car- I attribute this to being white.. My favorite car color until now. I like the looks of this newer tundra in silver and slate, but I am worried about the scratches. Does anyone have either color and how is your experience with scratches, swirls and mud?
I'm kinda partial to my Timberland Mica (green). Great deep clor, cleans up great.;) Flickr: Photos from cashman35173

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
You don't want Slate if you think you are going to have alot of abuse to your paint. Like black, it shows just about everything. I'd go with Silver if I were you...:tu:

·
Registered
65 Posts
On Saturday I saw my first Pyrite Mica, and I thought "that's it". Then on Sunday I saw a Timberland Mica for the second time, then I thought "I'm screwed, don't know which way to go". It's nice to have choices, but it does make it complicated!

·
Registered
378 Posts
On Saturday I saw my first Pyrite Mica, and I thought "that's it". Then on Sunday I saw a Timberland Mica for the second time, then I thought "I'm screwed, don't know which way to go". It's nice to have choices, but it does make it complicated!
The 07 Tundra is so sharp that they all look great!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I took delivery of my Silver Sky CrewMax last week, to soon for real life durability but went with Silver for the same reasons you've noted:
2 Jumping Dogs
Dirty Job Sites w/ clumsy labourers
Dusty Roads & the odd willow scrape

So far I can tell you that it hides road dust very well and looks sharp even when dirty.

My .02 anyway

DSC_5248.JPG

DSC_5252.JPG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts