Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past two days my truck has been at the shop sitting bare naked waiting for the front bumper, valance, grille surround, rear bumper, RBP star, wheel inserts to be finished painting. Yesterday they finished all but the star and the wheel inserts. I unistalled and re-installed all the pieces with my mechanic. It was really easy taking it off but putting it back together was alot more work. The front bumper was the hardest to put back, but the rear bumper and the grille surround was a piece of cake. It took about 1.5 hrs to take it all off and almost 3 hrs to put it all back on.

I would like to thank South Coast Auto body in Lake Forest for doing a fantastic job on the paint.

Here is what i paid to get my parts painted:::
Front Bumper-$275
Rear Bumper-$250
Valance-$100
Grille Surround-$100
Wheel inserts (32)-$150
RBP star- N/C
Total = $875, but only charged me $850

Here are the pictures of before and after, let me know what you guys think!

when the front was taken apart

rear bumper was off

all painted

front bumper on

valance on w/o fog lights in

with fog lights in

rear bumper on

grille surround going on

all finished

·
Registered
59 Posts
I color matched my chrome front and rear bumpers. Keep the touch up pain on deck because your gonna need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Looks great! Points sent!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I think it looks great man. You guys did a super job on the truck. Now do the black headlight mod! :D

But seriously, very nice truck. :tu:

·
Registered
54 Posts
That looks really good! On RBP grill, how's the star held on? If you left it off could you tell there was something suppose to be there(like holes).

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
as stated above, might wanna keep the touch up paint handy...also another member on here had his front bumper powder coated in super white and it was only 125 and it will outlast the paint by a long shot. but the end result was the same, nice and color matched. u should have done the tailgate handle as well though..IMO. i had an extra one and sanded it down and smoothed it out and my neighbor painted it for me and it made all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I highly recommend getting your front end, especially the bumper, Clearbra'd. After 20k miles my painted Limited bumper is still like new.

·
Registered
397 Posts
That looks really good. great job!:tu:

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Nice !

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That looks really good! On RBP grill, how's the star held on? If you left it off could you tell there was something suppose to be there(like holes).

RBP star is held on by screws i will take pictures monday or tuesday when i put it back on.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sweeet, I wonder how my truck would look all color matched since it's black. would it look bad or good?

it would look really good cause it makes it different from others.

·
Registered
590 Posts
it would look really good cause it makes it different from others.
I may have this done. My dad has a buddy that own's his own shop (Irvin's Body Shop) and he can give me a good deal. I will do my bumpers, grill and grill surround and maybe wheels or buy new one's.:D

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Looks good - I sure don't like that stupid-huge RBP logo on the otherwise "stealth" black-mesh grill.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Sweeet, I wonder how my truck would look all color matched since it's black. would it look bad or good?

If you can get it done cheap enough, go for it, but already black on black and most people will not notice the difference . Unless you hang out with several people that really know the tundra

1 - 20 of 49 Posts