Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the pics would have been better if the sun was out. But, here you go anyway:

·
Registered
187 Posts
That would be easy on my truck since it is black!!! I like the look!!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
if you like it thats cool...

personally though, I couldn't imagine doing that to my truck...I mean it looks kinda of cool, but washing it would be a PITA on top of that it seems to take away from the smoothness of the truck...

for those of you up north it would probably help with rocks and sand and what not from screwing up paint...

gratz2u on something neat for the truck though

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think that Line-X job is pretty sweet. I'm planning on something similar this fall. Additionally, I'm going to pull out my interior and have my floorboards line-x'd. I had the same thing done to my last Jeep and it was really nice. I never had to worry about tracking mud and dirt onto the carpet.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Definitely looks sweet for sure... But, be careful, the sun WILL fade the black, so you'll have to use a UV treatment of some kind... 303 Aerospace possibly...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
If you don't mind..........what was the ballpark $ figure to do that ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks good...I was wondering what kind of options I might have to stop these rock chips..I like it...will be looking into doing the same thing.:tu:

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Looks good...I was wondering what kind of options I might have to stop these rock chips..I like it...will be looking into doing the same thing.:tu:

BTW: 123, I'm not able to see the front facia and flares in your photo.... Sry, seeing it now...

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The lower front facia and flares of a Tacoma are LINE-X'd (with Nason for no fading) in my last post just before this one.

99% of the time, whenever we apply LINE-X to the exterior (excluding the bed), we use either Xtra or Nason for no fading.

We applied color matched LINE-X to my father-in-law's Nissan Altima about 2 years ago. They drive it all over the country. Seriously, today, it looks as good as the first day we sprayed it. No rock chips whatsoever.

Yesterday, we applied white LINE-X to a portion of my wife's GMC Yukon's front bumper, she's tired of rock chips. I'll take some pics.

I'm not a paying forum supporter so I can't post prices. :cry:

Crummy camera, I have a much better one now!:)

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
The lower front facia and flares of a Tacoma are LINE-X'd (with Nason for no fading) in my last post just before this one.

99% of the time, whenever we apply LINE-X to the exterior (excluding the bed), we use either Xtra or Nason for no fading.

We applied color matched LINE-X to my father-in-law's Nissan Altima about 2 years ago. They drive it all over the country. Seriously, today, it looks as good as the first day we sprayed it. No rock chips whatsoever.

Yesterday, we applied white LINE-X to a portion of my wife's GMC Yukon's front bumper, she's tired of rock chips. I'll take some pics.

I'm not a paying forum supporter so I can't post prices. :cry:

Crummy camera, I have a much better one now!:)
Looks real nice... Could you tell me where I can find out more about Nason ? I think I've seen the Xtra before...

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dupont Nason is a single stage urethane based automotive paint and is available at any professional paint store that carries Dupont products. Looking at Nason and Xtra, you would not be able to tell the difference, they look the same, but Xtra is more durable and is more appropriate for truck beds.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Man Do I like that! :tu: 123 why don't you open a franchise up north??? :D

Seeing how I just picked up a Tacoma, I've notice the color-matched fender flares look like that got the short end of the stick in the factory painting line. I bet this would fix this in a jiffy. Would have to go on a search though since no Line-X in Vermont :mad: Oh well, if by chance do you have any impulse red color matched samples? :ts:

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Dupont Nason is a single stage urethane based automotive paint and is available at any professional paint store that carries Dupont products. Looking at Nason and Xtra, you would not be able to tell the difference, they look the same, but Xtra is more durable and is more appropriate for truck beds.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated....:tu:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts