Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys so when i was home on R&R in early Jan i traded the '08 for the 2010 4.6L and love it (even though its been sitting for months now) its Pyrite Mica and i think one sharp truck. now i have a carriage works Grille for the front end, and new Black RBP rims to put on the truck. Question is i would like to get rid of the Chrome grille surrond and front and rear bumper and color match with the truck. i have seen some color matched trucks on this forum and there wicked nice!!!

anyone in TX know of a shop that has done this with a written warranty? or does anyone know how to go the best way with this? i'm not confident enough to do it myself and have heard mixed reviews about rattle cans, mostly bad. there is allot of knowledge on this site and i would appreciate any help guys!!!

Steve in Baghdad:iwojima:

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
so easy....LOL
i guess that is all i need maybe somone has a little more info?
I don't live in that area, so I have no advise. I just wanted to thank you for your service !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guntech Thanks for the Hout out man its my Pleasure. I am not aware AT ALL when it comes to body shops and paint so just want to see what others did or paid so i don't get ripped off

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Try sending a PM to RudyDep, he's a LEO in S/A. Also a former jarhead.

You out of LAFB or where?

·
Marine Veteran
826 Posts
Done a few tours over there myself so thanks!

Good luck with the truck, nice purchase and I am sure it will look great. I know how useful deployment money is for mods, haha! 08 was a good deployment, just check out my pics!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Same here don't even live in your area, just wanted to say THANK YOU for your service!!! God bless every one of you who are or have served in the military.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys thank you so much for your support after searching the site looks like the best way to go is just hit a few shops and shop the price around. hope it works out ok. thanks again for the comments

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
just do wat my friends did...buy a sh!t load of toys for your truck while in iraq, then when you come home you'll have lots to toys to play with when its 2am while everybody is sleep and no one to bother you then sleep a little bit at 9am and get up at noon and play some with your toys untill you get accustom to our cental timezone again lol. mechanize inf leds the way. have fun over there bro.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just do wat my friends did...buy a sh!t load of toys for your truck while in iraq, then when you come home you'll have lots to toys to play with when its 2am while everybody is sleep and no one to bother you then sleep a little bit at 9am and get up at noon and play some with your toys untill you get accustom to our cental timezone again lol. mechanize inf leds the way. have fun over there bro.

you hit the nail on the head i have the Nfab light bar, and rear runner, carriage works black grille and upper grille insert, and a Gibson exhuast already. i want to get rid of all the chrome. ordering a CAI next week, thinking about the throttle body spacer, but not sure if it will help any, but yeah plan on being home in the garage at 2 AM while everyone sleeps with a couple of cold ones playing with the Truck....19K40 here Tankers all the way!!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
you hit the nail on the head i have the Nfab light bar, and rear runner, carriage works black grille and upper grille insert, and a Gibson exhuast already. i want to get rid of all the chrome. ordering a CAI next week, thinking about the throttle body spacer, but not sure if it will help any, but yeah plan on being home in the garage at 2 AM while everyone sleeps with a couple of cold ones playing with the Truck....19K40 here Tankers all the way!!!!!
your loading up on your toys i see. just do go overboard. i forgot to mention my buddy bought so much stuff for his truck including ar15's and all the attachments to it. he came came home poor. b4 our deployment, his dodge was bone stock...and a year and some months later his truck was just totally different. i mean the whole works...lifted like 6 inches rims, tires, exhaust system, sound systems, engine work. ohh and he had his little honda crx decked out too. it was just too damn funny. he was the only guy from our unit that came back broke. we were just little peons E-4 so we dont make much, well wat im trying to say is...work out, go screw the base skank, just dont sit in the mwr buying stuff all day. its temping as hell but your halfway home...save some of that money so u can marry ur gf or something, whoops bad idea hahha use that money for some beer instead. good to know you boys there are coming home safe...god speed!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
your loading up on your toys i see. just do go overboard. i forgot to mention my buddy bought so much stuff for his truck including ar15's and all the attachments to it. he came came home poor. b4 our deployment, his dodge was bone stock...and a year and some months later his truck was just totally different. i mean the whole works...lifted like 6 inches rims, tires, exhaust system, sound systems, engine work. ohh and he had his little honda crx decked out too. it was just too damn funny. he was the only guy from our unit that came back broke. we were just little peons E-4 so we dont make much, well wat im trying to say is...work out, go screw the base skank, just dont sit in the mwr buying stuff all day. its temping as hell but your halfway home...save some of that money so u can marry ur gf or something, whoops bad idea hahha use that money for some beer instead. good to know you boys there are coming home safe...god speed!

LOL i do pretty well in my civilian life so i wil lbe ok, but thanks for the heads up, and i already married the GF awhile ago, so you could of sent me the advice a little earlier,,lol. And believe me its hard not to just sit and Shop after seeing all the bad asrse trucks on this forum. thanks for the comments Bro and take it easy.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
LOL i do pretty well in my civilian life so i wil lbe ok, but thanks for the heads up, and i already married the GF awhile ago, so you could of sent me the advice a little earlier,,lol. And believe me its hard not to just sit and Shop after seeing all the bad asrse trucks on this forum. thanks for the comments Bro and take it easy.
yah lots of guys on this forum got some nice freakin tundras. i want so much things done to mine but my money has go to back into my business. my tundra is pretty much bone stock. except for the essentials like nerf bars, tinted window spray on bed liner, tow package. and in about a week, a kickarse sound system. future upgrades i might get are cai and a muffler swap. besides those, i really have no need to lift my truck or get them aggressive tires, dont get me wrong i would love to lift my baby up and give her some aggressive mud tires. damn it i should apply for kbr now. a year with them i could have my dream truck. lol:abduction:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yah lots of guys on this forum got some nice freakin tundras. i want so much things done to mine but my money has go to back into my business. my tundra is pretty much bone stock. except for the essentials like nerf bars, tinted window spray on bed liner, tow package. and in about a week, a kickarse sound system. future upgrades i might get are cai and a muffler swap. besides those, i really have no need to lift my truck or get them aggressive tires, dont get me wrong i would love to lift my baby up and give her some aggressive mud tires. damn it i should apply for kbr now. a year with them i could have my dream truck. lol:abduction:

LOL yeah KBR is ridiculous money for the work. I had the 20Inch TX Edition Enkei;s with Nitto Grapplers on my 08 and made sure that when i got my 10 they had to switch the rims and tires over to the new truck, and put a 3" leveling kit on it. only had it for a week before i had to come back over here, but the leveling kit did not seem as high as the one i had on my 08, which is weird considering i bought it from the same place. But the mod bug has got me good i have just about everything i want for the outside, just want to get the color match on the chrome, and thinking about having my rims painted too, think it would look sick with the color match. Good luck on the business

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Steve, back to your original question. I'd start by calling shops and asking them if they will do it. Next check out the shop and see if it a plain collision center or a real body shop. Then ask for customer that had it done , the older the better.
I don't know what kind of guarantee you'll get out of any of them. Lots of variables. Also see if things like door/tailgate handles and mirrors if you like that.
Make sure you get the left over paint to do some touchups.
And welcome back

1 - 20 of 24 Posts