Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm starting this post to put up the misc. videos of the Tundra's journey into the world of the supercharger. I'll firgure out the uTube thing and get them on here. First is the Tundra with only the AFE Stage II CAI and the Borla duals:happy3d:. Next is the weedwhacker rental I had to drive for a day:boreda:td:. Last will be the holy #&%#$%&% :shocked3d:this thing is ALIVE! :eek::bolt:
Hope everyone enjoys this ALMOST as much as I do:madgrin:. BTW-- All my Atlanta area guys....where's the nearest/best drag strip to get some runs in??

Atlanta Toyota did the install, $735 and talk to Steve. I had to bring them my lower air box fromt the OEM unit as it hooks up with the new TRD, but other than that, no delays.

Can anyone say "we may have been a little ambitious about getting your Tundra done in 7 hours"? :laugh:They are not done yet and I should have it around lunch time today. At 12:30pm yesterday I stopped by to drop off the OEM airbox and here is where they were in the build: (they were hooking up the water pump reroute piece)

*****Anyone know how to get these pics off my I4 to stop being sideways??****

YouTube - Normal Tundra with AFE Stg II dry CAI
YouTube - Corolla heck!

Attachments

·
Registered
823 Posts
Cangrats cant wate to see the video.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Da supachaga is i likey.....

Congrats man!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Do you have you phone set to portrait instead of landscape?

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, I'll check the phone settings. Now onto the fun stuff. I called the dealer about 7 times to find out "what's up?" and they gave me the run around, but said someone would call and it should be ready by 5. It was 4:32pm and no one had called, so I loaded my butt in the rental pig and rung her out. I got to the dealer at 4:59...oh wait....5:00pm. They were pulling her out of the garage and taking her for a test run....oh wait...I think they are parking her....o wait...no. They did a test run in the parking lot...lame. ( The back story here is the tech that was working on the install claimed a "family emergency" at 3pm on Friday....a long weekend....and he had no chance of finishing my install anytime soon, so off he went.)
Don't look to this dealer to so the install for my price...ever. The tech screwed up and gave the wrong hours and then skipped on it, but the dealer honored their quote. I had to pay for a gallon of anti-freeze.....and 2 days rental, but I still got out of there for $855. I'll post up the videos when we get back from fireworks tonight.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Okay, I'll check the phone settings. Now onto the fun stuff. I called the dealer about 7 times to find out "what's up?" and they gave me the run around, but said someone would call and it should be ready by 5. It was 4:32pm and no one had called, so I loaded my butt in the rental pig and rung her out. I got to the dealer at 4:59...oh wait....5:00pm. They were pulling her out of the garage and taking her for a test run....oh wait...I think they are parking her....o wait...no. They did a test run in the parking lot...lame. ( The back story here is the tech that was working on the install claimed a "family emergency" at 3pm on Friday....a long weekend....and he had no chance of finishing my install anytime soon, so off he went.)
Don't look to this dealer to so the install for my price...ever. The tech screwed up and gave the wrong hours and then skipped on it, but the dealer honored their quote. I had to pay for a gallon of anti-freeze.....and 2 days rental, but I still got out of there for $855. I'll post up the videos when we get back from fireworks tonight.
They made you pay for the rental???

·
Registered
823 Posts
^ seriously thats messed up after there mess up on there end and paying that much to have it put in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts