Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am in the market for a used Tundra. I am looking from 04 to 07. When I look in second row from the sellers pics online, It seems the 1 gen's back room have more leg room than 2's ??

And what the changes with 2nd gen?

Thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
If your talking about Double Cab 1st gen to DC gen 2 "Double Cab".... the 1st gen has more space... But the 2nd gen has the "Crewmax" which is like a limo compared to the 1st gen double cab..... the 2nd gen "double cab" is more roomier than a 1st gen "access cab" too.... my AC is cramped in the back almost no space lol....

2nd Gen also has the 5.7L V8 which has the same fuel economy but 100 extra horses and a ton of other features over a 4.7L DC.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew I was missing something. I meant I am looking for crewmax models. My two boys are going in the back seats.

So, for crewmax models, the 2 is bigger than the 1. I must looked it wrong.

Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
i just traded my 04 double cab for a 10 crewmax. Light years difference in back seat leg room. Back seat will slide forward and lean back. I'm 6'3" and with the driver's seat all the way back, there still is ample room for someone my size in the back. Thouhg the spec's page lists the 04 and the 10 as having the same leg room in front, the 10 is roomier. must have something to do with the seat angle. In my '04 i had to take my left shoe off on long trips to be comfortable. Not so with the 10. I've only had it through the tank of gas the dealer put in when I bought it but I got 15mph with combined city and highway miles (measured by miles divided by gallons...not by guage). That included a couple of pretty hard accelerations.That is at least as good, if not better than i got on similar trips in my '04. both vehicles are TRD 4x4's with '04 being the 4.7 and the 10 being the 5.7.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts