Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2003 Tundra V8 SR5 access cab 4x4. I've had issues with 4x4 blinking light as many others have. While trying to fix it years ago I screwed up and took the actuator completely out of the T-case, which I have since found out was a bad idea. I'm looking to just replace the entire t-case with a salvage yard model if I can find one with the actuator. Can anyone tell me how to identify which years are compatible or what markings/ID numbers I need to look for to make sure it is a direct replacement? Or if anyone has any good advice on how to attempt to magically get mine back in working order without splitting the case? Thank you all very much in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
For the most part, the transfer case on our rigs is a lefty t-case. Meaning the front driveline is on the left (driver) side. The only thing you'd need to look out for is manual vs ADD lefty t-cases. The ADD lefty t-case are found on tacomas and 4runners. Just look for vehicles around the same year. For tundras, all 00-06 4WD tundras share the same t-case.

Another option is to swapping the ADD t-case for a manual on, but that's a different mod and story to tell...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thank you so much, I wasn't sure if there was something screwy or not!

·
Registered
14 Posts
For the most part, the transfer case on our rigs is a lefty t-case. Meaning the front driveline is on the left (driver) side. The only thing you'd need to look out for is manual vs ADD lefty t-cases. The ADD lefty t-case are found on tacomas and 4runners. Just look for vehicles around the same year. For tundras, all 00-06 4WD tundras share the same t-case.

Another option is to swapping the ADD t-case for a manual on, but that's a different mod and story to tell...
Do you happen to know what year 4Runner t-cases will work?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts