Toyota Tundra Forums banner

I will purchase a Swaybar Drop Spacer Kit in this Group Buy.

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Group Buy: Sway Bar Bracket Drop Spacer, Gen1 Tundra

If still available I'm in for a set. I just ordered new Sway bar links and this will be a great addition to go with them

·
Registered
472 Posts
I know I am a day late and a dollar short but we keep snapping the sway bar end links on our Sequoia. If anyone has anything like these for sale let me know. I would be interested.

·
Forum Admin
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I know I am a day late and a dollar short but we keep snapping the sway bar end links on our Sequoia. If anyone has anything like these for sale let me know. I would be interested.

Go to 4crawler.com and check out what he offers in a plastic version. High quality stuff. I think you can get a set for $30 bucks or so.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just in case anyone is looking for the sway bar drop spacers on the 4crawler site (the web page looks like something from the early 1990s) they are located at: 4Crawler Offroad Products - Front Differential and Sway Bar Drop Kits.

I am still trying to decide whether to go with the drop spacers or just get some of the heavy duty end links like these Toyota Tundra/Sequoia Heavy Duty Sway Bar Links
or these
Toyota Tundra H D Sway Bar Links | eBay
or just make some of them using some threaded rod and heim joints.

Attachments

·
Forum Admin
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
Thanks for posting the link. 4Crawler makes great hard-to-find parts for Toyota trucks.

In case anyone was looking to get a set like I was offering, they are the M10 bolts and blocks with offset holes.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Finally got a chance to work on this project today.
It took WAY longer to get the stud off the bracket then I had planned on.
I had no luck getting it off so I had to get the dremel out and start cutting pieces of the head of the stud off until I had cut enough of it off to be able to hammer it out.
I wonder if anyone makes a sway bar bracket without the bolt welded on it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know I can get some plastic spacers from 4Crawler which would work, but is there any chance that there may another batch of these aluminum spacers made? There has got to be enough interest in another set!

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
YMMV. This did better position the swaybar perpendicular to the end link bushing, and is well-built.

However, I had to remove mine because it ended up tearing the my rack and pinion bellow on the passenger side after I installed Hellwig's larger diameter front swaybar, swapped out Icon standard travel coilovers to Fox's extended travel coilovers, and added Archive Garage's SFK. Those are a lot of variables that could have caused this to happen, so I am not just chalking it up to the swaybar drop-down spacer.

I have a 2002 2wd ATX 3.4L Access Cab, and the front swaybar mount was a little different than the typical 4.7L, and if I am remembering correctly, I had to purchase an additional nut & bolt for each side. Before all of this, I was "plagued" with tearing boots, but on the driver side, having to replace it at least twice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would like a set also

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

61 - 76 of 76 Posts