Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing broke:)
On a serious note it did go with out any drama. I drove from Fairbanks, Alaska to Ohio in 3.5 days with stops. My total driving time was 56 hours, so that puts my average speed around 70 mph. I averaged 14.2 mpg for the total trip and around 280 gallons of fuel= $1,100+ in fuel cost. As you can see I was not worried about making the journey trying to get the best fuel milage.

Overall the truck did wonderful for having over 84,000 miles on it. The seats are extremely comfortable, even to sleep in. I am bummed that I have to worry about reliability at 80,000 miles on a Toyota due to some issues that others are experiencing, it can get lonely in a hurry in the Canadian Rockies if you break down, except for the bears:eek:

Wildlife seen:
-4 bears
-5 fox
-5 Dall sheep
-15+ moose
-40+ buffalo
-60+ caribou
- and a few others that I can't think of at the moment.

·
Registered
500 Posts
That's great news... something I can expect from my truck I hope. Glad you arrived safe. Any pics?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's great news... something I can expect from my truck I hope. Glad you arrived safe. Any pics?
I got a few of some bears, I'm unable to retrieve them from my camera at this time. Other than that I was trying to get to my destination. I go back next week and will be doing it in a leisurely 3 week period. I will be adding a truck camper and 6x12 enclosed trailer, so a slower pace will be necessary. I hit a few frost heaves at 60+ mph, this will sometimes cause the truck to become airborne. My dogs look at me funny when they are a foot of the seat:eek:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Man that is one LONG trip! Have a safe trip back

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you averaged 70 mph which included your sleeps you weren't wasting any time. Good report. What kind of camper are you thinking of? I am wondering if I have to go to a 3/4 ton or should I get a Tundra with air bags and go for a light camper.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Thats great news glad you got their safe and sound your tundra will serve you more many more milies.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Its a good thing all that wildlife stayed off the road! I imagine hitting a bear at 80 mph would make a heck of a mess..lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts