Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the completed installation I did on a friends Tundra. Let me know what you think.

I didnt take any pics of the amp during or after installation but its located behind the back seat.

Equipment included:
* Kenwood DNX7140 DVD Nav
* JVC Arsenal CSA5 1/4 for back doors
* Polk dB6501 6 1/2 Comp set for Front Doors
* Alpine 50 x 4 Amp for speakers
* 11" overhead monitor
* 7" 'headrest' monitor molded into upper glove box
* 4 gauge amp kit (I know could have gone smaller)
* Set of RCA cables (only 1 pictured but I used 2 - 1 for rear channel to AMP and 1 for audio source to overhead monitor)
* 2 sets of RCA "splitters" to connect the two monitors to the AV out of the Kenwood
** NOT pictured are the 6 x 9 to 6 1/2 component set brackets used for front door speakers; 3" RCA to front monitor; 2' 'yellow' RCA to overhead monitor for video source

Kenwood DNX7140

11" overhead Monitor (uses the Kenwood DNX7140 as the source)

Pic of the Kenwood DNX7140 and 7" monitor in upper glove box

Glove Box monitor Close-up

Used the Factory AV input for the Kenwood's USB plug

Everything on

Kenwood and Dash monitor on

Used all the factory brackets for the speakers

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more pics
Power line for the amp (ALL connections soldered)

Rear door speaker lines ran through the door molex

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very Nice, Let me know if you need another friend with a Tundra :attention:

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Looks awesome, cute kid too. Points sent.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
First picture was nice and clean, then I seen the glove box and that was little much for me.
I don't know anything, how is the rear screen mounted, was running the wires hard? Is the back amp under the seat or against the wall?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Very nice!!!! If I was going to change radios then I would do the same probably. Crazy as it may sound, I like the bigger buttons. I know the stock radio is pretty much junk but I am waiting for it to take a dump before I ante up for another.

Looks very good, you did a nice job!!!!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how is the rear screen mounted
For the rear screen I mounted a piece of 1/4" MDF to roof cross member and mounted the monitor to that. They provide a bracket to mount to but I've found it better and more secure to mount to a piece of MDF. I dropped the headliner enough to get the MDF to the hole for the factory light.

was running the wires hard
No, this monitor was VERY easy. I used the power, ground and door light switch from the factory overhead light. The only line from the front of the cab is the AV source.

Is the back amp under the seat or against the wall?
I mounted to amp to the back wall.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice install! For the USB plug, did you have to splice into the factory wiring or did you mount the Kenwood plug directly into the stock door? I've tried to splice into the factory USB wiring but haven't got it working yet.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice install! For the USB plug, did you have to splice into the factory wiring or did you mount the Kenwood plug directly into the stock door? I've tried to splice into the factory USB wiring but haven't got it working yet.
The truck didnt have a factory USB plug; just a "small" headphone type jack for the AUX. I just removed the factory plug and mounted the Kenwood USB plug into the stock door.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice!
Bobby, when are you moving to Baltimore?
THANK YOU!!! Im actually from MD. I was born and raised about an hour an half from Baltimore in lower Southern MD; right outside PAX River NAS. My parents and sister still live there and go up to visit several times a year.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Great work! Looks nice.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
THANK YOU!!! Im actually from MD. I was born and raised about an hour an half from Baltimore in lower Southern MD; right outside PAX River NAS. My parents and sister still live there and go up to visit several times a year.
Very nice! Occasionally, we have meets around Baltimore, you should stop by:tu:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
where did you pull the remote power for your screens? For this one I used the HU remote lead; but worried in the future if I had many more I will need to find an alternative source.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts