Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at buying a component set for the front of my 2003 AC Tundra. I am looking to spend about 200$. I think i have narrowed it down to a few.
CDT Audio EF-61FG - CDT Audio EuroFrame 6.5"
MB Quart PCE216 - MB Quart 6.5"
Infinity KAPPA60.7CS - Infinity 6-1/2"
Diamond Audio D661s - Diamond Audio 6.5
Any advice on these, or other recommendations is what i am looking for.
Also i need some help with the install.
What else do I need?
Directions to removing the door panel?
Deading is it worth it?

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sound is EXTREMELY subjective, so this is just MY opinion of the following.

I've ran 2 different sets of CDT's and they just don't sound natural to me at all. I wouldn't even consider them.

MB Quarts have nice rich mids, but the tweets are extremely shrill and just not my kind of sound.

Infinity needs to stick to home audio IMO.

I haven't heard any of the newer Diamond stuff, but I had an older Motorsport set when the driver's were still made by Eton and they kicked serious ***.

For other speakers in this price range (I'm not a fan of most Pioneer speakers) the new PRS series are incredible for the price. I would take them over any of the above except maybe the Diamonds. That would be a toss up based on if they still sound the same as back in the day.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Yep you need to take your kind of music and listen to those speakers to see what is best for your ears. Opinions are highly subjective so you need to be the judge. What might sound good to someone else might not sound so good to you.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Look Cadence 6.5" component set on ebay, $78 I think, they sound really nice.

As far as my preference, I like my pioneers, but the bass can be better. CDT has always worked well for me, and the Pold DB series are always hard to beat.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I have Polk db6500 in the front doors of my AC. They fit real nice, sound good although they sound even better with an amp. If you order them from Crutchfield they send you the adapters for the stock wiring, speaker adapter ring, and instructions on how to take your door panels off.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Crutchfield rapes on prices. They have excellent c/s but the prices are through the roof. Get them from somewhere else if you can, taking the door panels off isnt that hard.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Crutchfield sells at retail and is on par with just about every other auth'd dealer. Plus they like to throw in all the little extras. There's a reason they're as big as they are.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Ehh, check anything at crutchfield and then check it at woofersetc.com and I would bet it would be at least 15-20% cheaper. Yeah, they have extras, but the only ones you would need was if you needed a h/u, they come with wires and bracket. Speakers just come with brackets, which you can make yourself.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the input i think i have decided which speakers to get. They have a mounting depth of 66mm or 2.59 inches. Will I need some spacers? If so what size and where to get them from. Also do I need to buy a wiring harness like this one Toyota Speaker Harnesses.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Every once in a while crutchfield will have a competitive price on an in stock item. I just bought my kenwood excellon amp from them because they actually had it in stock. BTW for you guys who might be building a sub box, walmart sells polyfill for $1.97 for a 20oz bag.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ehh, check anything at crutchfield and then check it at woofersetc.com and I would bet it would be at least 15-20% cheaper. Yeah, they have extras, but the only ones you would need was if you needed a h/u, they come with wires and bracket. Speakers just come with brackets, which you can make yourself.

Woofer's Etc. is only authorized on about 10% of the equipment they sell. Most of it is grey market. Pretty much everything Crutchfield sells, woofer's isn't auth'd on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have Elemental Design 6500 componenets and love them.
Have them in all four doors and love them.
Remember to put a "dynamat" type of product in your doors.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have been looking at buying a component set for the front of my 2003 AC Tundra. I am looking to spend about 200$. I think i have narrowed it down to a few.
CDT Audio EF-61FG - CDT Audio EuroFrame 6.5"
MB Quart PCE216 - MB Quart 6.5"
Infinity KAPPA60.7CS - Infinity 6-1/2"
Diamond Audio D661s - Diamond Audio 6.5
Any advice on these, or other recommendations is what i am looking for.
Also i need some help with the install.
What else do I need?
Directions to removing the door panel?
Deading is it worth it?

Thanks
I am happy with the Kappa's. I put coax in the rear doors. Would sound better with an amp but is fine for me. I found that if you have the stock tweeters in the doors, that a hole saw can be used to make a bigger hole for the Kappa tweeters.:tu:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have CDT cl-61's with the silk tweeter and am very happy with them. Very natural sounding. That looks like a great deal.

And sound deadening is always worth it.

·
Forum Admin
8,265 Posts
I agree, eBay prices are so much better than other stores.

I bought two sets of Phoenix Gold speakers from ebay for less than one set of Sony's at BestBuy. I actually sold a gift card from BestBuy on ebay to buy the stuff form ebay. haha

conclusion: bestbuy = highest prices on the earth.:td:

Go search a few places on ebay, you'll find a lot of wholesalers out there with absolutely low prices.

good luck mate

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I actully didnt get any of those i went with some cheaper CDTs. They sound great though.:tu:

Heres the link to the ones i got- woofersect

1 - 17 of 17 Posts