Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very low frequency "pop" noise that happens at completely random times through out driving my 2007 4.7 4x4 doublecab.... It doesn't appear to matter if the A/C is on or not, it is apparent right when the motor starts up, when I go forward or reverse, when I turn the wheel, or whenever some sort of motion happens inside the truck. This noise is so low that is almost unnoticable, however, I notice it and I'm sure it isn't right that it sounds like that. It sounds like there is a burst of air going through the vents and that a vent burried deep in the center front portion of the dash area is either slamming shut, or blowing open... That's about the best I can describe it..... vent system is on normal vent, doesn't seem to matter - really driving me nuts..... any help appreciated. I"ve removed EVERYTHING out of EVERY pocket and glove box, noise still remains..... thanks in advance

SMTToyTun

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This sound is sounding more and more like it is coming from the vents somewhere in the truck - has anyone ever heard this before? Really odd, really random, and really annoying - I'm gonna go nuts trying to figure this one out - thanks for any help anyone has to offer?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been reading some posts and have seen where another 2007 Tundra owner has just recently started hearing a sound whenever he recycles his A/C switch, and that this "popping" low-frequency compression sound could be a flap in the air vents that is closing/opening.... Mine makes the sound when the A/C is on or off.... sorry to keep posting to my same thread but I wanted to give as much details as possible - this issue is seriously getting on my nerves...... Thanks for any help you guys could give.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts