Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious.. I have a 2000 tundra and its got 90000 miles on it. The mechanic said that he got readings of 145 on five and 143 on one.. Is this ok for 90000 miles or is it bad? I have never had any problems with my engine ,now im a little concerned.. Also he idled up my engine a little because he said it would help the oil pressure lubricate the engine better..is this ok or does that sound like good advice? Please advise?

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
You should be fine. I don't even bother checking for compression until my engine got bet rod :devil: from too much boost

·
Banned
70 Posts
If you have concerns, go buy a Dodge, and then see how that Engine holds up after 90k miles. You will find the Dodge and Ford and Chevys are crap.

I have both generation Tundras

And my 2000 Tundra has 151k miles on it and runs fantastic

my 2007 Tundra is a BEASTLY BADASS! Its so superior to the Domestic Trucks that everyone wants to pile on Toyota with their TOYOTA BASHING....

ANY IDIOT WHO JAMS THEIR GAD PEDAL WITH A FLOOR MAT AND CANNOT PUT THE VEHICLE IN NEUTRAL IS JUST THAT< AN IDIOT>

You have doubts about your Tundra, then you need to sell it because you do not deserve to own it.

I replaced my waterpump on my 2000 Tundra after 142k miles, timing belt also, and timing belt at 92k, I have had to do NOTHING but maintenance on my truck, to include replacing the rear wheel bearings and seals at 150k, NORMAL. I am planning on replacing the front brake calipers with the upgraded calipers, there was an issue with the front brakes, but I went to ceramic pads and cross drilled brembo rotors and the brakes were good for over 75k miles before they needed any maintenance, now that they need maintenance, I am going to go ahead and replace the calipers and rotors and pads, see the brake upgrade thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts