Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2006 Tundra access cab SR5. It came with the remote keyless entry system but the anti-theft alarm was not listed and did not function. After a little searching here and there I found out that it might have an alarm anyway.

As it turns out, I do have an alarm. All you had to do was remove a shorting wire and follow some instructions. I didn't even add the led. I works!:tu:

Why would Toyota give you a disabled alarm? Why not just include it as std equipment on the SR5! Do they think people will upgrade to a Limited? Strange.

For a "how to" go to: <toyotasecurity.buypartsonline.biz/pdf/08586-0C830%20Instructions.pdf>

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
This has been discovered long ago. My 03 Tacoma had it. To my knowledge, any Toyota that utilizes the RS3200 remote keyless system has everything already installed, just needs to be programmed. Your truck also has a glass breakage sensor that needs to be re-wired to work (without purchasing the full alarm)

I wouldn't really call it an alarm anyway. The panic goes off if you open the doors without using a key to unlock them first.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
weird, my limited 06 has a "panic" button on the back... maybe its aftermarket... got the truck used
Most vehicles that have remote keyless have a panic button.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Is it still true about the DC not happening?
The DC does not use an RS3200 based system, therefore this does not apply.

do you know how to re-wire the glass breakage sensor?
It's on here somewhere. Someone posted how to do it. Just try to search for "gbs" or "glass breakage sensor"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts